- Erich M. Sturgis, M.D., professor, Head and Neck Surgery
- Cathy Eng, M.D., professor, Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology
- Lois Ramondetta, M.D., professor, Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine
- Kathleen Schmeler, M.D., associate professor, Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine
- Prevention and screening: Increase state and national HPV vaccination rates to greater than 80% in the next five years, increase access to early diagnosis and improve access to cervical cancer screening in underserved populations. Explore new screening methods for noncervical cancers and HPV cancers in men.
- Discovery: Develop molecularly targeted therapies based on integrated genomics to improve outcomes for the full spectrum of HPV-related disease. Use the Cancer Genomics Laboratory, a moon shot platform, to sequence tumors and better understand how the HPV virus inserts its DNA into a person's DNA. Study the role of genomic integration in cervical and head and neck cancers.
- Immunotherapy and new clinical trials: Identify and address immunosuppressive mechanisms in HPV-associated squamous carcinoma of the oropharynx and anogenital tract and launch immunotherapy trials for HPV-related cancers.