Fill out the online form, and our knowledgeable staff will provide accurate, credible answers to your questions.
Browse Help Topics
- Current Patients & MyChart
- Helpful Phone Numbers
- Locations, Directions & Parking
- Our Doctors
- Family Member & Friends
- Donations, Volunteers & Outreach Programs
How do I make a new patient appointment at MD Anderson?
To start the appointment process, fill out our online appointment request form, or call us at 1-877-632-6789 and press option 2.
How long will it take to get an appointment?
The hospital average is seven to 10 days; however, it varies for each center.
Do you take my insurance?
If you are enrolled in a managed care plan (HMO, PPO or POS), your treatment at MD Anderson may be covered by insurance. Check our list of currently accepted insurance plans below. If you don’t see your plan listed or you have insurance questions, call 877-632-6789.
Please note that this list is not comprehensive. It is typically up to the insurance company to determine if the plans they offer will allow access to MD Anderson. Insurance is also verified when going through the new patient appointment process.
Can I just get a second opinion and then leave?
Yes, most of the centers at MD Anderson offer second opinions on treatment, and you don’t have to make a commitment to receive treatment through us.
How long will I need to be in Houston for my first appointment?
Patients are normally here between three to five days on an outpatient basis.
How do I reschedule or cancel an upcoming appointment?
To cancel or reschedule an appointment online and/or to send a general message to your scheduler:
1. Select "My Appointments"
2. Select "Upcoming Appointments"
3. Select/open the appointment with the doctor
4. Scroll down and select "Cancel" (If you wish to reschedule, just indicate that in your message)
This will allow you to send an online message to the appropriate scheduler. You won't be able to select on a diagnostic appointment to send a message, only the appointment with the doctor.
You can also call 877-632-6789 and select option 3 to be connected with the appropriate center.
How do I refer a patient?
Referring patients to MD Anderson for cancer treatment is easy. Referrals can be made by:
- Phone: Call the Physician Access Center at 877-632-6789 and select option 1. Our clinically trained staff is available to assist you Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Standard Time.
- Online: Register for myMDAnderson for Physicians, our secure online portal connection to our services and patient information.
For international referrals, doctors should call our International Center. The center has dedicated staff that helps ease the referral process for international physicians and patients. Contact the center at 001-713-745-0450 or by email at email@example.com.
Can I bring my children with me to my appointment?
It depends. To keep our patients safe, there are certain areas of MD Anderson that are off limits to children. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian at all times, and all children must be screened for disease and cleared for admittance before they can be in patient areas (you will need to bring a copy of your child’s vaccination records).
Learn more about MD Anderson’s child visitation policy.
How do I get copies of my medical records?
The Release of Information office is the best place to contact to obtain copies of your doctor's notes and labs. Their direct number is 713-792-6710. If you need to obtain images and/or radiology reports, then you will need to call the Film Library at 713-792-6210.
How do I request an appointment?
You can request an appointment online by using your MyChart account. After you log in,
1. Select "My Appointments"
2. Select "Request an Appointment"
You can also call 877-632-6789 and select option 3 to be connected with the appropriate center.
Who do I contact with questions about my care?
Your clinical care team can assist you. You may want to send them a message by logging in to your MyChart account and:
1. Go to "Messaging" in the menu at the top
2. Select "Ask a Question"
3. Select "New Medical Question"
4. Select the appropriate provider team from the drop-down list
Each message goes to the entire care team to ensure your message is read in a timely manner. If you need to add a provider to your list, please ask your care team or center staff to do so.
You're also welcome to call 877-632-6789 and select option 3 to be connected with the appropriate center.
Where should I park when I come for my appointment?
There are several areas for patients to park depending on the location of their appointments. View more about parking.
Where should I tell my visitors to come?
This will depend on where you are receiving treatment. A list of patient care locations in the Texas Medical Center is here, and the addresses of all of our locations are here. Details on where to park and how to navigate the Texas Medical Center are available, too.
You can also use the access system, which offers several methods to get your visitors where they need to go. They can find directions using either an address or a landmark, or locate buildings either by name (e.g. Mays Clinic) or by entering your appointment information.
Learn more about MD Anderson’s visitation policy.
Who should I call with questions about my bill?
You may call Customer Service & Billing directly at 800-527-2318. Their office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Standard Time.
To send a message online to Customer Service and Billing, go to MyChart to log in. Next:
- Select "Messaging"
- Select "Ask a Question"
- Select "Customer Service Question"
- Use the drop-down menu to select "Billing Question"
- Type your message in the comment box.
How can I submit a concern, complaint or issue?
You may contact Patient Advocacy directly at 713-792-7776.
Another option is to send a message online through MyChart.
1. Select "My Messages" after you log in to your account
2. Select "Ask Customer Service"
3. Select "Complaint" from the drop-down list
What is MyChart?
MyChart is a secure, personalized web portal that helps you take an active role in managing your care at MD Anderson. You can use the web portal or the mobile app to access your health information, send messages, find directions, reschedule or request appointments and see test results.
Can you help me with my MyChart account?
Yes, askMDAnderson can assist patients with creating accounts, resetting passwords and navigational questions. Please call 877-632-6789 for assistance by phone. You may also send us an online message.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Standard Time.
Do you have a MyChart mobile app?
I am a new patient. How do I access my MyChart account?
1. If you’re a new patient, you should have received an activation code.
2. After obtaining your activation code, go to mychart.mdanderson.org and click on "I'm a patient." Please enter:
- Activation code that was emailed to you
- Medical record number (MRN)
- Date of birth
3. On the next screen, create a username (needs to be alpha and numeric and you won’t be able to use your MRN to create the account) and create a password (7-12 characters; alpha and numeric)
4. Enter email address on your profile
5. If you ever forget your username, then you can use your MRN to log in.
6. Also, you can use all web browser versions for MyChart but Chrome tends to work the best.
Care Centers and Clinics
If you are an existing patient and you need to contact your care center or clinic, use the relevant number below. If you are a new patient, please call 877-632-6789.
- Brain and Spine Center: 713-792-6600
- Breast Center: 713-792-2360
- Cancer Prevention Center: 713-745-8040
- Colorectal Center: 713-792-0266
- Endocrine Center: 713-563-7600
- Diagnostic Procedure Only: 713-792-7171
- Gastrointestinal Center: 713-792-2330
- Genitourinary Center: 713-745-7575
- Gynecologic Oncology Center: 713-792-6810
- Head and Neck Center: 713-792-6525
- Leukemia Center: 713-792-8760
- Lymphoma and Myeloma Center: 713-792-3510
- Melanoma and Skin Center: 713-792-6800
- Sarcoma Center: 713-792-8850
- Thoracic Center: 713-792-6110
- Cancer Prevention Center: 713-745-8040
- Cardiopulmonary Center: 713-792-4015
- Integrative Medicine Center: 713-794-4700
- Internal Medicine Center: 713-792-2340 (Main Building), 713-563-7100 (Mays Clinic)
- Mohs and Dermasurgery: 713-563-2772
- Orthopaedic Center: 713-792-6110
- Pain Management Center: 713-792-6070
- Proton Therapy Center: 713-563-8961
- Radiation Treatment Center: 713-792-3440 (Main Building), 713-563-6900 (Mays Clinic)
- Center for Reconstructive Surgery: 713-563-8500
- Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Center: 713-792-6100
- Supportive Care Center: 713-792-6072
- Texas Medical Center Campus : 877-632-6789
- Katy: 713-563-9600
- League City: 713-563-0670
- Memorial City: 713-358-5300
- Sugar Land: 281-566-1800
- The Woodlands: 713-563-0050
- Bellaire Diagnostic Center: 713-218-8310
- West Houston Diagnostic Center: 281-994-0700
- Human Resources: 713-745-6947
Reach a Patient
- Call patient’s room: Main Switchboard at 713-792-2121 or 800-889-2094 (toll-free) for assistance
- Send flowers: Main Switchboard at 713-792-2121 or 800-889-2094 (toll-free) for assistance
- Gift Shop: 713-792-4438
- Physician Relations: 713-563-5849
- Physician Access Center: 713-792-2202, or toll free at 877-632-6789
- Release of Information (for doctor’s notes and lab results): 713-792-6710
- Film Library (for images or radiology reports): 713-792-6210
- Floor 2 Pharmacy: 713-792-6125
- Floor 10 Pharmacy: 713-745-7180
- Mays Clinic Pharmacy: 713-563-8222
Concerns, Complaints or Issues
- Patient Advocacy: 713-792-7776
- International Center: 001-713-745-0450
- Patient Travel Services: 001-713-745-2300
- Language/Interpretation Services: 001-713-792-7930
Donations, Bloodbank and Volunteers
- Volunteer Services: 713-792-5646
- Development Office (donations): 713-792-3450 or 800-525-5841
- Arrange to donate goods or services: 713-792-7180
- Bloodbank: 713-792-7777
Services and Amenities
- Dining Services: 713-792-2288
- Social Work: 713-792-6195
- myCancerConnection Support Group: 713-792-2553 or toll-free at 800-345-6324
- Wheelchair/Transportation Services: 713-792-2515
- Chaplaincy and Pastoral Support: 713-792-7184
- Language/Interpretation Services: 713-792-7930
- Patient Travel Services: 713-745-2300
- Patient/Family Library: 713-792-1080
- Rotary House Hotel: 713-790-1600
Insurance and Billing
- Insurance Questions: Contact the Financial Clearance Center at 713-792-4322
- Billing Questions: Contact Patient Business Services at 713-792-2991 or 800-527-2318 (toll-free)
- Community Relations: 713-792-3363
Media Hotline: 713-792-0655
What are the different MD Anderson locations?
Where should I park when visiting MD Anderson?
We have several convenient areas to park. View more about parking.
How can I get directions to my MD Anderson destination?
A good resource for detailed directions is our Access website, the complete wayfinding system at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Access makes it easy to find your way to and around the MD Anderson campus.
Do you have a mobile app to help with directions?
Do you have a location close to my home?
What are the locations and hours of operation for MD Anderson labs?
MD Anderson operates blood labs at its Texas Medical Center location and at locations throughout the Houston area. Visit our Blood Labs page for locations and hours of operation.
What are the locations and hours of operation for MD Anderson CT scan/diagnostics centers?
MD Anderson offers diagnostic services in our Texas Medical Center and other community-based locations. Diagnostic imaging clinics offer blood draws and preventative screening. A sub-specialized radiologist with expertise on advanced imaging techniques is available at each location.
Texas Medical Center locations
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday (CT and MRI patients' only): 6 a.m.-4 p.m.
Houston area locations
6602 Mapleridge St.
Houston, TX 77081
Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
15021 Katy Fwy, #100
Houston, TX 77094
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Where can I stay when visiting MD Anderson?
Joe’s House: Joe's House is a nationwide online lodging resource for cancer patients and their families who must travel away from home for medical treatment. Use the search tools to create a list of lodging options in and around MD Anderson.
Joe's House also provides printable lists of Houston-area lodging specifically for MD Anderson patients and visitors:
- Hotels list
- Apartments list
- Additional housing resources
Texas Medical Center (TMC): The Texas Medical Center website lists several options for lodging in and around MD Anderson. Make sure to ask for the “medical rate,” which is usually lower than the standard rate. All hotels reserve the right to change their rates at any time.
Rotary House International: The Jesse H. Jones Rotary House International is a full-service hotel, owned by MD Anderson Cancer Center and managed by Marriott International. The hotel is dedicated to serving the needs of MD Anderson patients and their families while in Houston.
How do I contact a specific doctor?
The best way to contact a MD Anderson doctor is to call our Physician Access Center at 713-792-2202, or toll free at 877-632-6789, option 1.
MD Anderson does not publish our individual doctor’s contact information for privacy reasons. If you are a patient, you can also send a secure message to your care team via MyChart.
Do you have doctors that specialize in my type of cancer?
Our faculty and staff include experts in all types of cancer, common and rare.
How can I access a doctor’s bio?
All of our doctors’ bios are accessible in our searchable faculty directory. Our faculty directory includes all MD Anderson scientific and clinical faculty members. Search our faculty directory.
Are any of MD Anderson's doctors on Twitter?
Yes. We have many active doctors and staff members on Twitter. Follow MD Anderson’s Twitter list.
How do I send flowers to someone staying at the hospital?
It’s easy to deliver a healthy dose of good cheer to your friends or relatives while they are with us.
Step 1: Find out your friend or relative’s room number. If you don’t know it, just call the main switchboard at 713-792-2121 or 800-889-2094 (toll-free) for assistance.
Step 2: Check with the floor’s charge nurse for restrictions. Some patients may not be able to keep fresh flowers or live plants in their rooms, due to the risk of infection. If plants or flowers are forbidden, consider sending a balloon bouquet, an arrangement of silk flowers, or a basket of snacks instead.
Step 3: Place your order. You can do this either through your favorite florist or at the MD Anderson gift shop. Whichever florist you choose, please make sure to communicate any restrictions before ordering.
How do I call a hospital patient?
If the patient has a phone in his or her room and you know the number, you may call it directly. If you don’t know the phone (or the room) number, you may call the main switchboard at 713-792-2121 or 800-889-2094 (toll-free) for assistance.
How do I send mail to a hospital patient?
All greeting cards, letters and packages sent by U.S. mail to MD Anderson patients should be sent to the dedicated post office box created expressly for this purpose:
Patient Name/Room #
MD Anderson Cancer Center
PO Box 300206
Houston, TX 77230
Deliveries made by UPS or FedEx must use the main building’s street address, as those companies will not deliver to post office boxes:
Patient Name/Room #
MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Patients whose families are staying at the Rotary House may also receive mail there. Cards, letters and packages sent in care of the Rotary House should be addressed as follows:
Patient Name (no room number)
Jesse H. Jones Rotary House
1600 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030-4012
Please note that anything sent to the Rotary House should include the patient’s name (not the hotel guests’ names) in the mailing address. In the interest of privacy, patient room numbers should not be included at this location.
Learn more: Curious about how mail is processed at MD Anderson? Find out in this related story.
Can I donate blood to a particular patient?
You can donate blood to a specific MD Anderson patient as long as you donate blood at one of the MD Anderson Blood Bank locations. Just be sure to indicate the name of the patient to whom you would like your donation to go.
How do I organize a blood drive for a patient?
Call us at 713-792-7777 to schedule a blood drive for a patient
How do I buy patients gift cards that they can use to purchase food at MD Anderson?
Just call Dining Services at 713-792-2288 for assistance. Cards may be loaded with increments of $5 and can be used at any MD Anderson eatery.
When am I allowed to visit a patient?
Primary visiting hours are from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., but MD Anderson patients may have visitors at any time. Adult patients and parents or guardians of patients have the right to determine who may or may not visit, and certain areas of MD Anderson are off limits to children.
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian, and all children must be screened for disease and cleared for admittance before they can visit patients (you will need to bring a copy of the child’s vaccination records).
View complete details on MD Anderson’s visitation policy, including overnight stays and special rules for ICU.
How do I make a donation?
When you give to MD Anderson Cancer Center, you have the opportunity to make a tremendous difference in the lives of cancer patients by supporting innovative cancer patient care, research, education and prevention programs.
There are many ways to help – donate money, host a fundraiser, honor loved ones and plan your beneficiary gifts through stocks, estates and more. If you would like to donate money, the easiest and quickest way is to use our online donation form or donate by mail.
What types of items can I donate?
To best serve the needs of MD Anderson patients, Volunteer Services appreciates your assistance in donating only the items listed below. Donations must be in new condition and from smoke-free environments. Donated items cannot have religious messages or logos attached.
Donation deliveries must be prearranged with the Volunteer Services department by calling 713-792-7180.
• Soft fabrics and “Simply Soft” yarns are best suited for MD Anderson’s patients.
• Pillows - neck or heart-shaped
• Pillows - rectangular: approximate size 10 x 12 inches
• Quilts: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Hand-tied lap blankets: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted throws: approximate size 46 x 46 inches
• Crocheted or knitted shawls
• Crocheted or knitted caps - adult sizes accepted
Items must be newly purchased and without logos or branding.
• Baseball caps
• Scarves, turbans or bandanas
• Magazine subscription examples: Architectural Digest, Golf, Good Housekeeping, People, Redbook, Southern Living, Sports Illustrated, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Veranda
1515 Holcombe Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030-4009
Books and magazines:
Book and magazine donations must be prearranged with the Patient/Family Library by calling 713-792-1080.
• Current magazines – issues no older than three months
• Current foreign language magazines – issues no older than three months
• Paperback books – fiction and nonfiction preferred.
How can I donate to a particular cancer?
How do I volunteer at MD Anderson?
Volunteers are often called the heart of MD Anderson and are an important component in the quest to make cancer history. MD Anderson Volunteer Services staff manage more than 1,000 volunteers working in volunteer-based programs. In fact, there are more than 100 types of positions for volunteers.
To learn more about volunteering at MD Anderson, call us at 713-792-JOIN (5646).
To start the process of becoming a volunteer at MD Anderson, you must first complete the Volunteer Interest Questionnaire. This form takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete and will help you determine if volunteering is right for you.
Once submitted, you will be contacted by a Volunteer Services and Merchandising staff member if there is a position that matches your interests, skills and schedule.
How can I contact someone about my donation?
If you have questions, please call us at 713-792-3450 or 800-525-5841, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I donate blood?
We have three convenient Medical Center-area donation facilities. View locations. We also hold regular blood drives throughout the greater Houston area. Call us at 713-792-7777 to schedule a blood drive in your community.
I would like to raise money for MD Anderson. What is the best way to start?
Fundraising at MD Anderson is a large part of our mission because it creates hope for a world without cancer. Bake sales, golf tournaments, motorcycle rides, art shows and run/walk events are an important part of the institution’s philanthropy. On average, around $1.5 million is raised annually from these types of events.
Hosting a fundraiser is a great way to become an active participant in the fight against cancer with MD Anderson.
There are two ways to help us raise money:
1. You can lead a campaign by creating a fundraising account, choosing your cause. This cause could be an event you choose such as a birthday party, school book drive, run/walk event, or any other idea you may have. Decide on the amount to raise and what cause you want to support at MD Anderson. Your goal could be $10 or $1,000 or more. There is no limit.
2. Make a financial contribution to support an existing fundraising event.
To learn more, visit our Host a Fundraiser web page or call the Development office at 800-525-5841.
Do you offer any outreach programs?
Yes. MD Anderson Cancer Center offers community outreach programs to educate people about reducing their cancer risk. Learn more about our outreach programs.
How can I get print materials for a special event?
Does MD Anderson sponsor events?
MD Anderson sponsors a variety of charitable events to support the local community. We participate as a way to invest in the community, and to have the opportunity to educate people about healthy behaviors to reduce cancer risks. Priority consideration is given to events in Harris and surrounding counties, cancer-focused events, and events that align with current institutional priorities. Sponsorship requests usually require four months’ notice to ensure funding availability and to allow time for institutional participation. Please complete the form if you would like MD Anderson to consider your event.