We know that getting ready to visit MD Anderson for the first time can be stressful because there’s so much to do. Here’s a list that will make it easy to prepare for your first appointment.
Organize Medical Records
We’ll help you gather all of the necessary medical documents for your first appointment.
Check Insurance Coverage
Plan Your Travel & Lodging
We can arrange domestic and international travel to and from Houston and help you find a place to stay close to the Texas Medical Center.
- Contact Patient Travel Services: 713-745-2300 or toll-free 888-848-9992
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View Joe's House lists of hotels, apartments and additional resources, including RV Parks
New Patient & Family Orientation Class
Learn more about MD Anderson’s programs and services in the New Patient & Family Orientation class. Get information about:
- What to expect as a new patient
- How the members of your health care team can help you
- Connecting with other patients and cancer survivors
- Finding reliable information about your cancer diagnosis
- Using myMDAnderson, and much more
Patients, family members and caregivers can view the class online or attend a free instructor-led class. Classes are held:
Monday – Wednesday, 2-3 p.m.
Main Building, Floor 4, near Elevator A, Room R4.1121
For more information, contact the Patient Education Office at 713-792-7128.
Did You Know?
MD Anderson has more than 1,000 volunteers who provide comfort, care and support to patients and caregivers.