Volunteering at MD Anderson is a rewarding experience and truly at the heart of the institution. You’ll work alongside patients, caregivers, faculty and staff to help make a difference in the lives of our cancer patients.
With more than 1,000 volunteers working with us, we recognize your exceptional service by extending a few perks.
- Parking - As a volunteer, you are offered free self-parking during shifts.
- Vaccination – Free flu shots for adults, 18 years and older.
- Cafeteria Discounts - Show your volunteer ID badge to receive a 10% discount to six cafes within MD Anderson.
- Annual Volunteer Recognition – Attend the annual gala recognition event and receive a service pin for hours worked.
- Access – Visit the Patient/Family Library, Medical Research Library, and one of three learning centers.
As I approach the fourth anniversary of my original male breast cancer diagnosis in March 2013, it occurs to me that the feelings which overwhelmed me at that time have not faded entirely.
Instead, they serve as a constant reminder that my life has a purpose. That purpose is to share my story so that other men with breast cancer can be diagnosed while the disease is still in its earliest stages — and therefore, more treatable.<...