All patients, from the time of diagnosis through their life during and after treatment, are survivors. Family members, friends and caregivers also are affected by cancer and are survivors, too.
To commemorate National Cancer Survivors Day, held annually on the first Sunday in June, MD Anderson hosted online activities June 4-10, 2023.
Events were be held online to provide a safe, accessible event and reduce the spread of infection.
- Lectures about anticancer living, stress management, nutrition, meditation and online Labyrinth session
- Skin care classes
- Resource fairs
- Support groups
- The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) program is hosting several events, including restorative yoga and a support group
- Check out additional survivorship resources and get the Labyrinth handout.
Don’t miss these videos:
- Building your own vision board at home
- History of Labyrinths
- Guided Labyrinth Meditation
- Music and mindfulness exercise
- Music and breath synchronization exercise
- Anticancer Living: Transform Your Life and Health with the Mix of Six
- Yoga breathing exercises
- Chair yoga
All patients, from the time of diagnosis through their life during and after treatment, as well as family members, friends and caregivers, are invited to join online events and use these resources.