Cancer doesn’t stop during a pandemic, and neither do we. Our survivors deserve to be celebrated all year round and especially during this difficult time. MD Anderson will celebrate cancer survivors and their caregivers June 6-12, 2021, to commemorate National Cancer Survivors Day, held annually on the first Sunday in June.
Use Canvas online platform for easy access to all events
Events are held online to ensure safety and reduce the spread of infection. We are using the online educational platform, called Canvas, to improve your virtual experience. Please complete this brief registration form. You will receive an email invitation from Canvas to join the online platform within 48 hours.
After logging in to Canvas, you’ll be able to access all events and resources.
Review our Survivorship Week event calendar. Join us for:
- Lectures about anticancer living, stress management, nutrition, music therapy, meditation, chair yoga and online Labyrinth session
- Guided watercolor painting session
- Lunch & Learn
- Support groups
- The Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) program is hosting several events, including restorative yoga and a support group
For those interested in the watercolor painting session:
We will be mailing painting supplies to the first 100 participants (in total) who sign up and request supplies for the watercolor class. To request supplies, please email email@example.com and provide your mailing address before Friday, May 28th.
All other participants can still participate using their own supplies. The recommended supplies include:
- eight-pan watercolors
- two, 5X7 cards
- medium size cup or bowl (for water)
- a paper towel or napkin
- one roll of washi tape
Don’t miss these videos:
- Building your own vision board at home
- History of Labyrinths
- Guided Labyrinth Meditation
- Music and mindfulness exercise
- Music and breath synchronization exercise
- Anticancer Living: Learn how to transform your life
- Yoga breathing exercises
- Chair yoga
All patients, from the time of diagnosis through their life during and after treatment, as well as family members, friends and caregivers, are welcome to use these resources.
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.