The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
We shall be the premier cancer center in the world, based on the excellence of our people, our research-driven patient care and our science. We are Making Cancer History.
Caring: By our words and actions, we create a caring environment for everyone.
- We are sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers.
- We are respectful and courteous to each other at all times.
- We promote and reward teamwork and inclusiveness.
Integrity: We work together to merit the trust of our colleagues and those we serve.
- We hold ourselves, and each other, accountable for practicing our values.
- We communicate frequently, honestly and openly.
- By our actions, we create an environment of trust.
Discovery: We embrace creativity and seek new knowledge.
- We help each other to identify and solve problems.
- We seek personal growth and enable others to do so.
- We encourage learning, creativity and new ideas.
Safety: We provide a safe environment — physically and psychologically — for our patients, for our colleagues and for our community.
- We create a sense of security and empowerment and are committed to keeping one another free from harm.
- We embrace a framework and best practices for the highest quality of care and service.
- We inspire trust by modeling excellence in our work and acceptance of each person’s contributions.
Stewardship: We protect and preserve our institutional reputation and the precious resources – people, time, financial and environmental — entrusted to us.
- We prioritize the health and well-being of each other.
- We act responsibly to safeguard the institution’s finances.
- We ensure the proper care and use of time, data, materials, equipment and property afforded to us.