For more than 80 years, MD Anderson has provided an unparalleled level of cancer care. With multiple locations around Houston, our experience and services extend into your neighborhood. Our patients have convenient, comfortable access to world-class cancer care in their community, close to where they live and work.
MD Anderson provides medical oncology, radiation oncology and surgical oncology services along with a range of supportive programs at all of its greater Houston area locations. At MD Anderson The Woodlands, patients in The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe and communities north of Houston have access to top-ranked, comprehensive cancer care close to home.
Every member of our team is specifically trained in oncology, including physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses, who work closely with our physicians and specialists to design a plan made just for you.
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care means that you and your loved ones are part of the team that helps decide the best course of treatment possible.
While we treat many types of cancers in The Woodlands, the faculty here has particular expertise in the diagnosis, treatment and management of the following cancers:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Lung cancer and other thoracic cancers
- Skin cancer, including melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma
- Endocrine conditions, including thyroid cancer, parathyroid tumors and pituitary tumors
- Genitourinary cancers, including prostate, bladder and kidney cancers
- Gynecologic cancers, including cervical, ovarian and endometrial cancer
- Head and neck cancer, including oral cancer and throat cancer
- Brain tumors
The Woodlands also offers the following treatment support services:
- Cancer pain management
- Clinical nutrition support
- Diagnostic imaging, including MRI, PET scans, CT scans and mammography
- Diagnostic laboratory services for blood testing
- Endoscopy services, including colonoscopies and endoscopies of the upper GI tract
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Plastic surgery consultations
- Pre-surgery evaluations
- Social work counseling
- Support groups
- Survivorship care
- Tobacco cessation support
MD Anderson The Woodlands has a coffee bar offering sandwiches and other grab-and-go options. In addition, patients have access to Salus, a space for wellness, learning and support at this location.
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, we’re here to help. Appointments are readily available and patients are cared for in an easily accessible location with free parking.
Cancer screenings at MD Anderson The Woodlands
Cancer screenings can help reduce your risk of cancer or detect it early, when it is most treatable. MD Anderson The Woodlands offers screenings for:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Skin cancer
Screening guidelines can help doctors and patients know who should be screened for a specific disease. Visit our cancer screenings site to see if you qualify for a particular exam.
Breast screening and support
If you are concerned about breast cancer, MD Anderson The Woodlands offers more than an imaging exam. Our breast screening services include a clinical breast exam, mammogram, preventive therapy and a genetic risk evaluation.
We also provide diagnostic services for women who have breast cancer symptoms or concerns about breast health. These include women who:
- Have found a lump
- Want a second opinion about a lump or other breast abnormality
- Had an abnormal mammogram or breast ultrasound
- Have symptoms of inflammatory breast cancer.
If a woman does receive a breast cancer diagnosis from MD Anderson The Woodlands, she is put in contact with a dedicated nurse navigator. This healthcare specialist is available to help the patient understand her diagnosis, discuss next steps, and even help set up initial appointments for treatment at MD Anderson.