Among MD Anderson honors at National Philanthropy Day in November 2012:
- Outstanding Fundraising Program (larger than $250,000): Making Cancer History®: The Campaign to Transform Cancer Care
- Past MD Anderson President John Mendelsohn, M.D., now co-director of the Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Institute for Personalized Cancer Therapy, accepted the award on behalf of MD Anderson. He was at the helm when the campaign hit its original $1 billion goal two years ahead of schedule, ending the campaign early, in December 2011, at a total of $1.215 billion.
- Byron Welch Award for Lifetime Achievement in Fundraising: Patrick Mulvey, vice president for development
- Mulvey began his career in fundraising at his alma mater, the University of St. Thomas. He arrived at MD Anderson in 1985, starting as assistant director for Development Services and going on to hold several positions through the years before taking on his current leadership role in 2000.
- M. Anne Murphy Award for Outstanding Professional Advancement: Michael Delzotti, director of philanthropic resources
- Delzotti began his career in health care administration and has worked in development at the University of California, Los Angeles; Special Olympics Southern California; and Rice University.