The MD Anderson Cancer Center Board of Visitors (BOV) welcomes a new slate of officers and 15 new members:
- Nita Ambani, Mumbai, India: businesswoman, philanthropist and president of H.N. Hospital and Research Centre
- David Beck, Houston: founding partner of Beck Redden LLP, named as one of the top 10 trial lawyers by the National Law Journal
- I. Jon Brumley, Ft. Worth: private investor, 45-year veteran of the oil and gas industry and owner of Bounty Investments LLC
- Ted Collins Jr., Midland: chairman and CEO of Patriot Resource Partners LLC, an independent oil and gas producer
- William J. Doré Sr., Lake Charles, La.: CEO of Doré Energy Corporation, an oil and gas company; founder of Global Industries Ltd., an offshore oil and gas industry services provider; member of the Horatio Alger Board of Directors
- Gregg H. Falgout, Houston: founder, chairman, CEO and president of Island Operating Company Inc.
- Gilbert Garcia, Houston: managing partner of Garcia Hamilton & Associates, an institutional asset management company
- Jimmy I. Gibbs, Spartanburg, S.C.: businessman, entrepreneur, philanthropist and founder of Gibbs International (textiles, energy, real estate, mining and demolition)
- George Y. Gonzalez, Spring, Texas: partner in the energy, mergers and acquisitions and international practice groups in the Houston office of Haynes and Boone LLP; named one of Hispanic Business magazine’s Top 100 Influential Hispanics in the U.S.
- Michael J. Medrano, Houston: president and CEO of Equivalent DATA, providing electronic delivery services to attorneys, investigators, corporations and legal professionals
- Laura Murillo, Ph.D., Houston: president and CEO of the Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Reynaldo Reza, Houston: vice president, portfolio manager at Fayez Sarofim & Co., responsible for pharmaceuticals industry research, a sector leader for the health care industry
- Alexander Rovt, Ph.D., New York: businessman, real estate investor, president of IBE Trade Corporation (agricultural fertilizer production, sales and marketing)
- Joseph Tortorice Jr., Beaumont: retired Air Force officer and founder, president and CEO Deli Management Inc., parent company of Jason’s Deli
- Mark White Jr., Houston: Governor of Texas from 1983 to 1987, a business executive, attorney and chairman of Geovox Security Inc.
Joining incoming chair Mel Klein as BOV officers for Fiscal Year 2015 (Sept. 1, 2014 - Aug. 31, 2015) are:
Chair-Elect — James J. Mulva, Austin
Vice Chair — Nancy Loeffler, San Antonio
Immediate Past Chair — Harry J. Longwell, Dallas
MD Anderson President — Ron DePinho, M.D.