The experts at MD Anderson’s Laura Lee Blanton Gynecologic Oncology Center has a history of pioneering new treatments for gynecologic cancers.
Our research proved that cervical cancer can be treated more effectively with chemotherapy and radiation instead of radiation alone, changing the standard of care for cervical cancer.
One of our doctors created the MD Anderson Algorithm, a scientific method of choosing the best candidates for ovarian cancer surgery that has greatly increased the rate of complete tumor removal and may affect overall survival.
We offer the most advanced treatment options for gynecologic cancers, including radical trachelectomy and other techniques that preserve child-bearing ability and sexual function.
The Gynecologic Oncology Center has sub-specialty clinics to meet the needs of all patients:
- Genetic counseling and testing for women with a family history of gynecologic cancer
- Colposcopy evaluation of the cervix, vulva and vagina
- Oncofertility services to preserve the ability to have children for men and women
- Ovarian cancer screening for women at high risk
- Evaluation, counseling and management of cancer-related sexual issues
- Treatment of human papillomavirus (HPV) infections that can lead to cancer
Types of cancers we treat:
- Cervical cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- uterine (endometrial) cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Gynecologic sarcomas
- Gestational trophoblastic disease, a type of cancer that develops in the uterus
- Pre-invasive diseases of the lower genital tract
I've got my pie coming, and I'm keeping my fork.
November 12, 2014
When I was first diagnosed with vulvar cancer, I wasn't sure what
journey lie ahead of me. So many decisions to make.
When my doctor, Patricia Eifel, M.D., laid out my radiation treatment plan, it seemed rather long. But I thought I could do it. Then she decided to add chemotherapy once a week as well. So, on Mondays, I got radiation in the morning and chemo for five hours in the afternoon. Mondays were very long days.
The Gynecologic Oncology Center business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
713-792-6810 (Current patients)
877-632-6789 (New patients)