The experts at MD Anderson’s Laura Lee Blanton Gynecologic Oncology Center have a history of pioneering new treatments for gynecologic cancers.
Our research proved that cervical cancer can be treated more effectively with chemotherapy and radiation instead of radiation alone, changing the standard of care for cervical cancer.
Our doctors created the MD Anderson Algorithm, a scientific method of choosing the best candidates for ovarian cancer surgery that has greatly increased the rate of complete tumor removal and may affect overall survival.
We offer the most advanced treatment options for gynecologic cancers, including radical trachelectomy and other techniques that preserve child-bearing ability and sexual function.
The Gynecologic Oncology Center has sub-specialty clinics to meet the needs of all patients:
- Genetic counseling and testing for women with a family history of gynecologic cancer
- Colposcopy evaluation of the cervix, vulva and vagina
- Oncofertility services to preserve the ability to have children for men and women
- Ovarian cancer screening for women at high risk
- Evaluation, counseling and management of cancer-related sexual issues
- Treatment of human papillomavirus (HPV) infections that can lead to cancer
Types of cancers we treat:
- Cervical cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine (endometrial) cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Gynecologic sarcomas
- Gestational trophoblastic disease, a type of cancer that develops in the uterus
- Pre-invasive diseases of the lower genital tract
Once we receive a cancer diagnosis, we all have to decide if this is something we're going to share with a lot of people. My cervical cancer battle was very public in my community.
Find the latest news and information in our Knowledge Center, including blog posts, articles, videos, news releases and more.
MD Anderson Resources
The Gynecologic Oncology Center business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
713-792-6810 (Current patients)
877-632-6789 (New patients)