One of the world’s top cancer centers has a special place for young people. It’s the MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital. Here, children, teens and young adults get cancer care tailored to their age, size and development. Through clinical expertise, cutting-edge therapies and support programs for patients and families, we offer hope for the future.
Why come to the Children's Cancer Hospital?
MD Anderson is one of the world’s best cancer hospitals. U.S. News & World Report has ranked us as one of the top two cancer centers since the survey began more than 25 years ago, and thousands of patients from around the world come here for care each year. The Children’s Cancer Hospital plays an important role at MD Anderson. What makes us stand out?
- Our primary focus is cancer. We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Texas, and our oncologists treat more rare cancers in a single day than most physicians see in a lifetime.
- Our pediatric oncologists specialize in specific types of cancer. This gives them an extensive amount knowledge to call on when building treatment plans.
- We’re home to many of the world’s leading cancer researchers. Our patients benefit through clinical trials and new treatment methods.
- We have technologies and therapies most hospitals can’t offer. Patients have access to state-of-the-art treatments like proton therapy, BrainSUITE, robotic surgery, PET/CT fusion imaging, and unique surgeries for rare cancers. We also offer novel therapies for patients fighting difficult or aggressive tumors.
Cancer takes a huge toll on the lives of patients and their families. From educational programs to support groups, MD Anderson is dedicated to helping patients and their families through this difficult time.
Patient- and family-centered care
To ensure every child receives the best care, we welcome parents and caregivers as vital members of the patient’s care team. From their very first encounter, we want family members to be actively involved their experience at the Children’s Cancer Hospital, making decisions and partnering with the care team whenever possible. We’ve also established four patient and family advisory councils. Through these groups, we get ideas and suggestions about how to improve our patient and caregiver experiences.
Some of the diseases we treat:
- Brain Tumors
- Endocrine Tumors including:
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Hematology Disorders
- Liver Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Wilms' Tumor
[I] know the joy of belonging to a growing second family - my cancer family, the patients, caregivers and care team I met during my cancer treatment. They are the people who walked this journey with me and who I now walk with as an experienced traveler to guide, help and support.
MD Anderson Resources
Children's Cancer Hospital Prom Party Palooza 2019
The Children’s Cancer Hospital hosted its fourth annual Prom Party Palooza on April 27. This year’s event was circus-themed and included music, multiple photo booths, special gifts and circus-themed entertainment including a floating ringmaster, contortionists, body balancers, stilt walkers, and jugglers. Partners in hosting the Prom Party Palooza included Peli Peli Restaurants, the National Association for Catering and Events, Sunshine Kids Foundation and a host of other local businesses.
The Children's Cancer Hospital business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
713-792-5410 (Current patients)
877-632-6789 (New patients)