A child’s cancer diagnosis is one of the most devastating events a family can face. From fears about the future to worries about your child’s education and the impact on siblings, the challenges surrounding pediatric cancer can feel overwhelming.
At MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, each of our doctors, clinicians, researchers, and support staff understands these challenges. They are inspired to provide the best possible care for your child along with support for the whole family.
Why bring your child to MD Anderson:
- Patients are treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. Teams typically include a surgeon, radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. They work together to create a treatment plan tailored to each child’s condition, age and development.
- Treatments can include clinical trials available only at MD Anderson and surgeries pioneered here and later adopted around the world. We also offer state-of-the-art treatments few hospitals can match, such as proton therapy, PET/CT fusion imaging and the BrainSuite image-guided neurosurgery system.
- Childrens' Cancer Hospital neurocognitive and psychosocial experts monitor and work to minimize the impact of cancer and its treatment on young patients.
- Our programs include, camps, art activities, music therapy, and a fully accredited school designed to keep children on grade level. We also have child life specialists who help young patients adjust to the hospital and organize events and activities for patients, siblings and parents. In addition, MD Anderson has an Adolescent and Young Adult Program that offers support and a social outlet for patients between the ages of 15 and 29.
- We offer a survivorship program for patients who have successfully completed active treatment. The program provides long-term follow-up visits, identifies and monitors late treatment side effects and shares evidenced-based tools for healthy living.
Some of the diseases we treat:
- Brain Tumors
- Endocrine Tumors including:
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Hematology Disorders
- Liver Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Wilms' Tumor
[I] know the joy of belonging to a growing second family - my cancer family, the patients, caregivers and care team I met during my cancer treatment. They are the people who walked this journey with me and who I now walk with as an experienced traveler to guide, help and support.
MD Anderson Resources
Children's Cancer Hospital Prom Party Palooza 2019
The Children’s Cancer Hospital hosted its fourth annual Prom Party Palooza on April 27. This year’s event was circus-themed and included music, multiple photo booths, special gifts and circus-themed entertainment including a floating ringmaster, contortionists, body balancers, stilt walkers, and jugglers. Partners in hosting the Prom Party Palooza included Peli Peli Restaurants, the National Association for Catering and Events, Sunshine Kids Foundation and a host of other local businesses.
The Children's Cancer Hospital business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
713-792-5410 (Current patients)
877-632-6789 (New patients)