Finding out you have cancer can be a very lonely experience. But myCancerConnection volunteers are here so that you don’t have to make the cancer journey by yourself.
myCancerConnection offers one-on-one support by connecting you to cancer patients, survivors and caregivers who have been there. Requests are matched by disease, mode of treatment and experience. Support is open to patients, caregivers and cancer survivors who were treated anywhere, and we’ve made connections around the globe.
myCancerConnection hosts many events for cancer patients, survivors and their families, including:
- Art of Survivorship
- Caregiver Week
- Cancer 180 events
- Cancer Survivorship Conference
- Day Away
- Partners in Knowledge News in Cancer (PIKNIC)
Speaking directly with survivor volunteers who have had the same or similar diagnosis, treatment or experience can be rewarding.
To sign up to provide support:
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Check your e-mail. You will receive a welcome packet and a HIPAA authorization agreement. We must receive your agreement before becoming an active myCancerConnection volunteer.
- Once we receive the agreement, we will contact you for an orientation and interview.
Each time I talk to patients, I listen to their concerns, share my stories and remind them that they can do this.
We have about 2,200 volunteers throughout each of the 50 states, Puerto Rico and 10 foreign countries.
Phone: 713-792-2553 (local) 1-800-345-6324 (toll-free)