Chaplains at MD Anderson provide pastoral care to our patients, their families and staff. Chaplains visit patients at their bedside, receive prayer requests and lead support groups.
Chaplains meet with patients and families who:
- Desire prayer or spiritual counseling
- Request communion, baptism, sacrament of the sick or anointing
- Want to have a better understanding of their relationship with God or a need for spiritual guidance and direction
- Need spiritual support as they undergo medical or surgical treatment
- Are wrestling with religious issues such as unresolved grief, lack of faith, inability to pray or abandonment by God, or experience loss of hope or meaning of life
- Would like information about community religious congregations
MD Anderson chaplains are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Page the operator: 713-792-7090
- Call the Spiritual Care Office: 713-792-7184
MD Anderson hosts worship services throughout the week. Visit our worship services and locations page for a complete schedule. All services are also shown on MDA-TV Channel 24.
To make a prayer request, please send an email to PrayerRequest@mdanderson.org.
A Network for Grateful Living
A Network for Grateful Living offers practices, resources and belonging for those seeking a more awake, joyful and meaning-filled life. There are opportunities for personal reflection and simple ways to bring the benefits of grateful living into your day-to-day life, either “live” online through eCourses and practices, or 24/7 on the organization's website. The world needs gratefulness now more than ever—and we’re here to support the practice.
Cancer Support Groups
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.