Annual Education Conference
The Pediatric Education and Creative Arts Program from MD Anderson Children's Cancer Hospital is hosting its annual pediatric education conference in October for teachers, school nurses, and parents.
This conference serves to help professionals in the school community address the needs of children with chronic illnesses, such as cancer, hematologic disorders, and neurofibromatosis.
Annual Pediatric Education Conference
October 29, 2015
Click Here for free registration
This year we will have breakout sessions, panel discussions, and resource community booths.
- School Re-Integration Best Practices
- Bully Prevention for Students with Cancer and Chronic Illnesses
- Strategies to Build Meaningful Connections between the Medical and School Team
- Understand How a Unique Diagnosis Impacts the School Environment
- Proactive Educational Planning for Students with Cancer and Chronic Illnesses
- Understand the Role and Process of IEPs and 504s for Students with Medical Needs
Teachers, Special Education Staff, School Nurses, Social Workers, Administrators, Parents, and Medical Professionals
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Cancer Prevention Building, Floor 8, Rooms 1-8
1155 Pressler Avenue
Houston, TX 77030
Questions: Dolores Sanchez - 713-792-3353, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing continuing education contact hours will be provided.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.