Patient Access Center
The Patient Access Center for the Children's Cancer Hospital serves as a single point of contact for insurance and business services for pediatric patients and their families.
We're here to assist families with the new patient referral process, which includes:
- Collecting demographic information and medical records
- Obtaining financial clearance
- Making new patient appointments
- Assisting with registration
The access center is also responsible for all financial needs of returning pediatric patients regardless of where their services are provided.
- Verification/re-verification of benefits
- Obtaining referrals and authorizations
- Providing cost estimates for treatment
- Collecting deposits and payments
- Establishing payment plans
- Assisting with applications for financial assistance
The Children's Cancer Hospital Patient Access Center is staffed with a team of specialists. The new patient and returning team specialists work closely with the patient’s family, physicians, clinical staff and other interdisciplinary team members throughout the referral and treatment process.
The Children's Cancer Hospital Patient Access Center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please contact the access center at 713-792-5410 or fax 713-792-5419 to begin the new patient referral process.
Clinical Business Manager
Liza Lawrence, MBA
Patient Access Supervisor
Teresa Davis, RN, MBA, OCN
Patient Access Specialists:
- Amanda Lyles
- Karina Santibanez
- Jevon Tillman
- Anna Cisneros
- Tanzania Lake
- Benetta Nichols
- Rekisha Lathon