Family & Friends
In this section, you'll find important articles, resources and links to relevant Web sites, all geared toward your needs as a parent, guardian or friend of a young cancer patient.
Information from the Children's Cancer Hospital at MD Anderson
- What Makes Us Special - choosing the right place for your child can be overwhelming. Let us show you what we have to offer you.
- Refer Your Child to Us - making an appointment at the Children's Cancer Hospital is easy. Your child could see one of our pediatric oncologists as soon as the same day.
- New Patient Welcome Folder - a comprehensive guide to the Children's Cancer Hospital providing patients and families with resources, services and helpful tips to help them as they face cancer
- Family-Centered Care - learn how you can play an active role in your child's care and influence the decision-making process at the Children's Cancer Hospital.
- Multimedia Resource Library - browse through our library of online videos and podcasts that include educational information useful for families facing cancer.
- Pediatric Caregiver Telephone Network - program connecting pediatric caregivers and survivors of childhood cancers and illnesses to others with similar diagnoses and experiences; available at 800-345-6324.
- Patient and Family Events - the Children's Cancer Hospital hosts more than 100 fun events a year for our patients and families. Check out some of our recent events.
- Send a Message to a Patient - send a special message to a child being treated here.
Family Matters Newsletter
Check out the new Family Matters Newsletter online. This quarterly newsletter is for patients and their families with resources, survivor stories, practical tips, news and events.
Sign up to receive your free newsletter!