The Department of Volunteer Services offers daytime, evening and weekend placements with direct, limited or no patient contact positions.
Daytime and evening placements are 3- to 4-hour shifts weekly. Weekend placements are 3- to 4- hour shifts every other week.
Volunteer Shift Hours:
- Daytime (M-F) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Evening (M-F) 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Weekend 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Volunteer positions cover the spectrum and coordinate with existing work schedules and lifestyles. Positions include assistance with the organization of the pediatric library, providing patients and families with recreational activities in designated play areas, and assisting with seasonal parties and special events for the Children’s Cancer Hospital.
Become a Volunteer
Interested in becoming an MD Anderson volunteer?
• Complete the Volunteer Interest Questionnaire.
• If there is a position open that matches your interests, skills and schedule, you will be contacted by a staff member in the Department of Volunteer Services.
• For more information, contact Volunteer Services at 713-792-JOIN (5646) or firstname.lastname@example.org.