What Makes Us Special
At the No. 1 cancer center in America, there is a special place for children. It’s the Children’s Cancer Hospital at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.
When it comes to treating children, adolescents and young adults with cancer, we are your best hope. What sets us apart is our expertise, research and family-centered care.
Expertise & Research
Our primary focus is cancer.
We see more types of cancer than any other children’s hospital in Houston or Texas, and our oncologists treat more rare cancers in a single day than most physicians see in a lifetime.
We are one of the best cancer centers in the world.
M. D. Anderson ranks No. 1 in cancer care according to U.S.News & World Report’s annual “America’s Best Hospitals” survey. The same source ranks the Children's Cancer Hospital as one of the top 15 hospitals in cancer care for children. Plus, we rank first in the number and amount of research grants awarded by the National Cancer Institute.
Our pediatric oncologists specialize in specific types of cancer.
We are knowledgeable of all pediatric cancers and devote our research to finding a cure for your child’s disease.
We have leading-edge technologies and therapies not found at most hospitals.
Our patients have access to proton therapy, BrainSUITE, robotic surgery, PET/CT fusion imaging, aerosol chemotherapy, unique surgeries for rare cancers and other state-of-the-art resources.
We've been eliminating pediatric cancer for more than six decades.
In that time, we have pioneered therapies that are more effective and less invasive for our pediatric cancer patients.
Innovative therapies generally are available here several years before they become standards of care elsewhere.
We offer novel therapies for patients and treatment opportunities for difficult or aggressive tumors.
We understand that cancer is not just a physical disease, so our programs focus on your child as well as your family.
- Adolescent and Young Adult (AYA) – There is a special medical and psychosocial program just for teens and young adults with cancer.
- Anderson Network – We have a unique group of parents and pediatric caregivers who provide one-on-one advice and encouragement via the phone or email when it is needed most.
- Candlelighters – Parent advocates who have or have had children with cancer are on-site to offer other parents emotional, educational and practical support.
- Child and Adolescent Life – Our specialists help patients and their families adapt and cope along their cancer journey.
- Childhood Cancer Survivors – Our follow-up program ensures continued care for our patients after cancer treatment.
- Education – Your child's education is important to us. That's why we offer a certified school program and vocational program to help your child continue to prepare for his or her future.
- Family-Centered Care – Parents and caregivers on our Family Advisory Council are involved in hospital planning, evaluation and policy-making for better patient and family care.
Every day, we at the Children’s Cancer Hospital renew our commitment to our values of caring, integrity and discovery. Making Cancer History® for your child is our goal. Allow us to help you.
Become a Patient
In just a few simple steps, you or your doctor can begin the referral process. We also invite you to take an eTour of the Children’s Cancer Hospital.