In-person classes canceled until further notice
MD Anderson is actively monitoring for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, we are following the guidelines of federal health officials, including the CDC. Given our vulnerable patient population and recent efforts to limit visitors on campus, we are canceling all classes at our locations until further notice.
Clinical Nutrition will host virtual nutrition classes for patients undergoing active treatment on the first and third Tuesdays of the month from 2-3 p.m.. One of our registered dietitians will teach the class, reviewing the basics of good nutrition and practical tips for issues many face during chemotherapy. Patients should email their names, dates of birth and medical record numbers to NutritionBasicsClass@mdanderson.org.
The Integrative Medicine Center will host the following classes. All classes are free. To sign up, call 713-794-4700, then complete an e-update liability waiver and telemedicine consent in MyChart at least 48 hours before the scheduled class.
Here are a list of class options:
- Tai Chi: Find balance and strength through continuous flowing movements that link mind to body.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m.-noon
- Qigong: Experience this ancient Chinese system of self-care using meditation, breathing, and movement.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m.-noon
- Yoga for Health: Features a gentle form of yoga including stretching, breathing, relaxation, and meditation techniques.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- No class Feb. 1
- Connect & Reflect with Music: An interactive and supportive music group, led by a Board-Certified Music Therapist, using music engagement and conversation to enhance well-being and encourage connectedness. No music experience is required.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Art Collage: The Collage Studio offers the chance to play with color, shape, and composition while making personalized collages. In the Collage Studio, we'll be cutting, tearing, and gluing a variety of papers from sources to create new images. Chance and surprise are the key ingredients when making collages. No experience necessary. All materials are provided. Everyone is welcome!
- Wednesdays from 1:30-3 p.m. (classes start Jan. 6, 2021)
Make personalized collages by cutting, tearing and gluing paper from magazines and other sources into new images. All materials are provided.
Learn how the bowel works and what you can do to feel more comfortable. Topics include constipation, diarrhea and managing bowel function.
Tired of being tired? Get support to help you fight fatigue.
Care 4 the Caregiver
All caregivers are welcome to this support group, which offers coping skills and self-care tips.
Central Venous Catheter (CVC) Care
This class focuses on home care of the central venous catheter. Learn how to clean and care for the CVC properly.
Implanted Venous Port
Learn about the implanted port and how to care for it. Appointments are required and can be made by calling Infusion Therapy at 713-563-7678.
New Patient/Family Orientation
Learn about MD Anderson’s programs, resources and services, including information about clinical trials.
Nutrition for Cancer Patients
Learn about healthy eating, nutrition during treatment and where to find reliable nutrition information from a registered, licensed clinical dietitian.
Lunch and Learn
Learn about issues relevant to cancer from MD Anderson experts in this informal educational forum held the second and third Tuesdays of the month.
Get assistance with electronic devices, computer basics, social media, mobile apps and MyChart.
Laughter for Health Yoga
This class blends deep breathing, stretching and simulated laughter exercises to help reduce stress, depression and more. Please bring a bottle of water to class.
Experience this ancient Chinese system of self-care using meditation, breath and movement. This class is offered at MD Anderson's locations in the Texas Medical Center and League City.
Physical Activity Classes
Get Moving with Yoga, Dance and Martial Arts
Recharge and energize with uplifting music and a blend of yoga, dance and martial arts.
First-time drummers and experienced drummers are welcome to this inclusive class geared toward participation rather than perfection.
Find a balance and strength through continuous flowing movements that link mind to body. This class is offered at MD Anderson's locations in the Texas Medical Center and League City.
Yoga for Health
A beginning/intermediate level yoga class focusing on stretching, breathing and relaxation.
Print the Class Descriptions and Schedule
Get a complete copy of the class descriptions and the current schedule.
Need help finding these locations? Use our Wayfinding tool.
Main Building Classroom:
Floor 4, near Elevator A, through The Learning Center, Room R4.1121
Main Building Infusion Therapy Classroom:
Floor 8, near Elevator C, Room R8.2192
Main Building Internal Medicine Classroom:
Floor 6, near Elevator A, Room R6.1025
Mays Clinic Classroom:
Floor 2, near The Tree Sculpture, behind The Learning Center, Room ACB2.1049
Mays Clinic Integrative Medicine Center:
Floor 2, near Elevator T, across from the gift shop
Lunch & Learn locations:
Check the Lunch & Learn page
Patient Guest Relations:
Floor 1, Room RHI1.112
Due to our response to COVID-19, all blood donations at MD Anderson
Blood Donor Center locations are being held by appointment only.