- Summer Research Programs
- Middle School Camp in Oncology at MD Anderson
- High School Summer Program
- CPRIT CURE Summer Undergraduate Program
- CPRTP Summer Research Experience
- DISCOVER Program
- ITERT Summer Program
- Summer Imaging Research Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program
- Partnership Summer Research Program
- University Outreach Summer Programs
- UPWARDS Summer Program
- First-Year Medical Student Program
- Medical Student Program in Radiation Oncology
- DACCPM Summer Research Program
- Summer Program in Cancer Research
- Undergraduate Clinical & Administration Shadowing
- Summer Experience Information
- Summer Experience Activities & Events
- 2022 UT Police at Houston Summer Intern Program
- MD Anderson MBA/MHA Summer Internship
Partnership Summer Research Program
The Partnership Summer Research Program offers college and medical trainees from the University of Puerto Rico System an opportunity to explore biomedical research as it relates to cancer, to gain firsthand experiences and mentorship in basic, clinical or translational research alongside world-renowned faculty, as well as to attend targeted institutional lectures and seminars. Some of the program benefits include:
- active participation in the technical aspects of projects, interpret experimental data, as well as present findings;
- mentorship in the fundamentals of scientific research, which include application of techniques, experimental design and analysis, as well as how to present and publish findings suitable for peer review;
- introduction to the clinical problems presented by cancer patients through time spent in clinical areas; and
- numerous opportunities to attend seminars and lecture series on a wide variety of research topics.
Return visits are offered to trainees demonstrating a sincere interest in biomedical research and an outstanding research ability during their visit.
Applications will be accepted December 1, 2022 through February 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
The 2023 Summer Experience will run June 6 through July 28, 2023.
Travel and Housing Support
A stipend is awarded to subsidize students' expenses so that they may participate in the program.
The deadline to apply is Feb. 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
For more information contact:
Summer Research Program
MD Anderson Cancer Center
1400 Pressler St. - Unit 1440
Houston, TX 77030-4009