MD Anderson’s Title IX Coordinator and Title IX Investigators play an integral role in carrying out the institution's commitment to providing a positive learning and working environment that is free from sex discrimination. These professionals have received specialized training and are knowledgeable about sex discrimination including sexual misconduct, harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, stalking, and other equal employment opportunity regulations to include, but not limited to retaliation.
Any student or workforce member or applicants with concerns about sex discrimination are encouraged to seek the assistance of the Title IX Coordinator or a member of the Title IX Office when:
- You wish to understand your options if you think you may have encountered sex discrimination such as sexual misconduct, harassment, or violence.
- You learn of a situation involving potential sex discrimination that you feel may warrant a University investigation.
- You need help on how to handle a situation that indirectly affects you.
- You need guidance on possible informal remedies or administrative measures to de-escalate or alleviate a difficult situation.
- You have questions about MD Anderson’s policies and procedures related to sex discrimination.
- You believe you have been retaliated against for bringing a complaint of sex discrimination or for participating in an investigation.
All MD Anderson workforce members MUST report all information known about incidents of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, and stalking committed by or against an MD Anderson student or workforce member to a Title IX Coordinator. Confidential workforce members must report only the type of incident to a Title IX Coordinator.
Knowingly failing to report an incident as required could lead to termination of the workforce member and possible criminal charges under state law (SB212). If you have questions about your reporting obligations, please contact the Title IX Coordinator.
Meet our Team
Sheri Wakefield, Director of EEO and HR Regulations and Title IX Coordinator
Title IX Staff
Delana August, HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Susan Calderone, HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Pleshette Cook, HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Kelly Farrell, HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Jackie Greene, HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Inez Rodriguez, Associate HR Specialist – EEO and HR Regulations
Lydia Lizarondo, Sr. Human Resources Representative – EEO and HR Regulations
Mid-Campus Building 1 (1MC6.3216)
7007 Bertner Avenue
Houston, TX 77054-3403
MD Anderson Cancer Center
HR Strategic Partners
1515 Holcombe Blvd. Unit 1612
Houston, TX 77030-4009