Title IX and Alternative Complaint Resolution Processes for non-Title Conduct Complaint Resolution Processes
Applicability of the Title IX Process:
The Title IX Complaint Resolution Process applies only where all of the following conditions are met:
- A Formal Complaint is signed by the Title IX Coordinator or filed by a Complainant who, at the time of filing the Formal Complaint with MD Anderson, is participating in or attempting to participate in an MD Anderson education program or activity
- The Respondent is a Workforce Member or Student at MD Anderson at the time of the alleged conduct;
- The conduct alleged meets the definition of Sexual Harassment as defined under Title IX and MDAnderson Institutional Policy ADM3384;
- The alleged conduct occurred against a person in the United States; and
- Where the alleged Sexual Harassment occurred within MD Anderson’s education program or activity. This element is met if the conduct occurred in any of the following: on any MD Anderson property; during any MD Anderson activity; in a building owned or controlled by a student organization that is officially recognized by MD Anderson; or in instances where MD Anderson exercised substantial control over the Respondent and the context in which the alleged conduct occurred.
If all the above listed conditions are met, allegations of Sexual Misconduct will be handled in accordance with the Sexual Misconduct Under Title IX: Reporting, Process, and Resources Policy (ADM3384).
Title IX Complaint Resolution Procedures (ATT3385)
Alternative Complaint Resolution Process for all other Sexual Misconduct Complaints:
All other instances, allegations of Sexual Misconduct will be handled in accordance with the Sexual Misconduct Prevention Policy (ADM0285).
Sexual Misconduct Complaint Resolution Procedures (ATT1962)