MD Anderson upholds a “zero tolerance” policy toward any illegal or unethical activity, or knowing, intentional or willing non-compliance.
To discuss or report compliance concerns, individuals are encouraged to directly contact the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer:
- Via the page operator, 713-792-7090 or
- Through Institutional Compliance, 713-745-6636.
You also may report concerns to the Compliance Hotline at 1-800-789-4448. Calls to the hotline are confidential and may be made anonymously.
The Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer or their designee:
- Investigates reports of non-compliance. Investigations are done promptly and may consist of interviewing personnel, examining documents and consulting with legal counsel. All workforce members must cooperate with those investigating such matters. Non-cooperation may be grounds for corrective action, up to and including termination.
- Has full authority to interview any workforce member and review any document (subject to state and federal laws) that they deem necessary to complete an investigation.
- Actively monitors compliance with applicable laws, rules and guidelines; ensures that the level of compliance in each division or department is reviewed as needed; and arranges for external auditing of compliance issues as necessary.
In the event that the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer determines that an individual’s or area’s level of compliance is unacceptable or unsatisfactory, a corrective action plan may be imposed.
Any investigation and remediation, corrective and/or disciplinary action, as well as ongoing monitoring and auditing will be handled in accordance with MD Anderson’s Hospital Compliance Plan (pdf).