How to Submit Samples
1. To initiate and submit requests via iLab:
- Please navigate to the iLab page to register for an account.
- Once your account is set up, you can proceed to the Microbiome Core iLab page to request the services.
- The core will review your request and process the billing event.
- To arrange the drop-off of your samples, please contact Tina Chang, the core manager.
- You must have Financial Management Approval before any work on samples will begin.
*To resolve any technical issues related to registering your iLab account, please reach out to iLab Solutions Support.
2. Mail or send samples via courier system to the Microbiome Core.
For shipping via FedEx, UPS or USPS, address to:
Chia-Chi (Tina) Chang
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
4SCRB5.2085, Unit 1954
1881 East Rd.
South Campus Research Building 3
Houston, TX 77054
Instructions for the Sample Submission Log Sheet:
- You may fill out the form directly in iLab or you may download the ‘grid template’, complete it in Excel and upload it to iLab. The accepted formats are *.csv, *.xlsv. Please see an example below.
- Sample.ID entries should be alpha-numeric with no spaces. Only 'dot ( . )' is allowed as special characters.
- Sample.ID needs to appear on the submitted tubes.
- Sample.Description entries may be more detailed or elaborated.
- Container Type needs to be specific for example, Eppendorf tube, Falcon tube, Omnigene tube, etc.
- Sample Type must be described. For instance, human or mouse fecal samples, frozen tissue, larvae, urine, oral Rinse and/or buccal swab.
- If you try to submit samples from the same experiment in the different sequence run, keep the same experiment.ID
- If there are questions, please contact core facility at 832-750-4243 or 832-750-1529.
- On completion of sequencing, the data will be reported to the email listed on submission sheet.
|Experiment ID||Sample ID||Sample Description||Container Type||SampleType|
|###||###||Description here||Type here||Type here|