How to Submit Samples
All requests must be submitted via iLab
1. To initiate and submit requests via iLab:
Login or Register for an iLab account*.
- Search for 'MDACC Microbiome Core' and click on it.
- Select the service of interest.
- Click the initiate request button next to the selected service of interest.
- Complete and save the custom form and other required information. Please see the instructions for the sample submission log sheet. If there are questions, please contact 832-750-1529 or 832-750-4243
- Click Submit request to core.
- You must have Financial Management Approval before any work on samples will begin.
- Core facility staff will be in touch with you upon review.
*For questions regarding iLab registration, please contact Patsy R. Rodriguez via email at email@example.com
2. Mail or send samples via courier system to the Microbiome Core.
For shipping via FedEx, UPS or USPS, address to:
Chia-Chi (Tina) Chang
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
4SCRB5.2085, Unit 1954
1881 East Rd.
South Campus Research Building 3
Houston, TX 77054
Instructions for the Sample Submission Log Sheet:
- You may fill out the form directly in iLab or you may download the ‘grid template’, complete it in Excel and upload it to iLab. The accepted formats are *.csv, *.xlsv. Please see an example below.
- Sample.ID entries should be alpha-numeric with no spaces. Only 'dot ( . )' is allowed as special characters.
- Sample.ID needs to appear on the submitted tubes.
- Sample.Description entries may be more detailed or elaborated.
- Container Type needs to be specific for example, Eppendorf tube, Falcon tube, Omnigene tube, etc.
- Sample Type must be described. For instance, human or mouse fecal samples, frozen tissue, larvae, urine, oral Rinse and/or buccal swab.
- If you try to submit samples from the same experiment in the different sequence run, keep the same experiment.ID
- If there are questions, please contact core facility at 832-750-4243 or 832-750-1529.
- On completion of sequencing, the data will be reported to the email listed on submission sheet.
|Experiment ID||Sample ID||Sample Description||Container Type||SampleType|
|###||###||Description here||Type here||Type here|