Microbiome Core Facility
Robert Jenq, M.D.
Samuel Shelburne, M.D., Ph.D.
- Research Resources
- Core Facilities and Services
- Microbiome Core Facility
The Microbiome Core Facility provides MD Anderson Cancer Center and numerous other institutions with high-quality sequencing technologies to profile microbiota for microbiome studies.
The core has developed new sequencing services on various types of clinical samples that will allow cancer investigators to better study how the microbiome impacts cancer.
The core offers assistance with:
- Library preparation and deep sequencing of V4 region of the 16S rRNA gene
- Library preparation and deep sequencing of V1-V3 regions of the 16S rRNA gene
- Shotgun metagenomic sequencing
- Rapid turnaround 16S sequencing
- DNA extraction only
- Sequencing only
- Sample aliquoting and storage
- Consultation of outpatient collection kits
- Computational analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequencing
- Assay development
- Protocol design and optimization
MD Anderson researchers may request our services through iLab