HBOC Patient Conference
- Welcome (video) - Banu Arun, M.D., Co-Medical Director
- Making Cancer History for the Family (video) - Karen Lu, M.D., Co-Medical Director
- Hereditary Breast Cancer Risk Assessment and Management (video) - Banu Arun, M.D., Co-Medical Director
- Salpingectomy (video) - Denise Nebgen, M.D., Ph.D.
- PARP Inhibitors for BRCA Associated Ovarian Cancers (video) - Karen Lu, M.D.
- Pregnancy and Fertility (video) - Jennifer Litton, M.D.
- How to Tell Your Family That You Are Positive (video) - Susan Pererson, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Sexuality Well Being After Oophorectomy (video) - Andrea Bradford, Ph.D.
- Fertility and Family Building Special Considerations for Women with HBOC Syndrome (video) - Terry Woodard, M.D.
- Nutrition and Cancer Prevention (video) - Mary Bispeck, M.P.H.
- Body Image (video) - Michelle Fingeret, Ph.D.
- Learn about the REACH Registry
- What is Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer?
- Am I at Risk for Hereditary Cancer?
- Understanding Hereditary Cancer
- Women with BRCA Mutations
- HBOC Breast Cancer Management - Banu Arun, M.D
- HBOC Ovarian Cancer Management - Elizabeth Keeler, M.D
Cancer Genetics Information
- 2015 YSC National Summit (video) - Presentation on Hereditary Breast Cancer, Living with Family History and Risk Assessment
- Review of Cancer Genetics (pdf) - Educational handout by Patient Education at MD Anderson
- Cancer Genetics - Information from the National Cancer Institute – Cancer Genetics
- Cancer Genetics - Information from Cancer Backup/Macmillan Cancer Support
- Cancer Genetics - Web page from Cancer.net
- Understanding Genetics - Genetics Alliance
- Dolan DNA Learning Center of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Cytogenetics Gallery - University of Washington's Pathology Department
- Genetic Science Learning Center - University of Utah
- Genetics Home Reference - Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions - National Library of Medicine
- Genetic and Rare Conditions - University of Kansas Medical Center Web site
- Gene Tests - National Institutes of Health
- Human Genome Project - United States Department of Energy Human Genome Program
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- Policy & Ethics - National Human Genome Research Institution
- State Genetics Laws - National Conference of State Legislatures
- Council for Responsible Genetics
- Coalition for Genetic Fairness
Importance of Family History
- Family History - Gathering Information About Cancer (pdf) - Educational handout by Patient Education at MD Anderson
- Your Family History – Your Future - National Society of Genetic Counselors
- U. S. Surgeon General’s Family Health Initiative
- Using Family History to Improve Your Health - Genetic Service Learning Center
- What is Genetic Counseling? (pdf) - Educational handout by Patient Education at MD Anderson
- National Society of Genetic Counselors - Click on “Find a genetic counselor” to locate someone in your local area
- National Cancer Institute Cancer Genetic Services Directory
- What is Genetic Testing? (pdf) - Educational handout by Patient Education at MD Anderson
- Genetic Testing - National Human Genome Research Institute
Cancer Support Group/Communities
- myCancerConnection - MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Gilda Radner Familial Ovarian Cancer Registry
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition, Inc.
- Ovarian Cancer National Alliance
- American Foundation of Thyroid Patients
- ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc.
- American Thyroid Association