A variety of food choices are available at MD Anderson's dining facilities. If you prefer to remain in your clinic area, the Volunteer Services Jolly Trolley makes regular rounds with a selection of snacks and drinks. The hours are subject to change.
Hot and cold entrees, sandwiches to order, pizzas, Chick-fil-A sandwiches, soups, grill items, salad bar, sushi, exhibition cooking, desserts, and grab-and-go sandwiches and salads.
View menu (pdf)
Location: Main Building, Floor 1, near The Café Corner, R1.2351 (Get directions)
Hours: Weekdays, 6 a.m.-8:30 p.m.; weekends, 7 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Hot entrees, pizza, specialty sandwiches, soups and salads. Starbucks and Smoothie King beverages are available 24/7.
View menu (pdf)
Location: Main Building, Floor 2, in The Park (Get directions)
Hours: Weekdays, 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; weekends, 11 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Late hours: Monday-Friday, 11 p.m.-3:30 a.m.
Menu selections are focused on wellness and healthy eating. Includes a culinary station specializing in Cooking Light recipes, Boar's Head deli sandwiches, sushi made to order, pre-packaged made-to-order chop house salads, and 400-600 calorie smart choice lunch specials. Nutritional values posted for all menu items.
View menu (pdf)
Location: Pickens Tower, Floor 3, near Elevator N (Get directions)
Hours: Weekdays, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Apicius Kitchen, located in the Jesse Jones Rotary House International hotel, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It offers a full buffet, as well as a breakfast a la carte menu and an all-day a la carte menu. Apicius Lounge provides a casual setting for cocktails, conversation and light snacks
Location: 1600 Holcombe Blvd., across from the Main Building (Get directions)
Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday, 7:30 a.m-10 p.m.
Lounge Hours: Daily, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
The Rotary House also offers the following dining choices:
- Market Best: hot breakfast and lunch, convenience foods, toiletries
- Rotary Café: Starbucks beverages, frozen drinks, freshly baked pastries and cookies
- Fresco’s: salad bar, build a sandwich, Krispy Krunchy fried chicken, Pizza Hut pizza and pasta
- Fuzions: self-serve frozen yogurt with more than 40 different candies, fresh fruit, syrups and sauce toppings.
Cool Beans Café and Bakery
Starbucks espresso and "We Proudly Brew" coffee, salads, Boar's Head deli sandwiches, frozen smoothie beverages, yogurt parfaits, pastries, sodas, grab-and-go sandwiches, sushi and salads.
Location: Duncan Building, Floor 2, near Elevator Q, CPB2.3050
Hours: Weekdays, 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (2-5 p.m., grab-and-go items only).
Hot entrees, soups, grab-and-go salads and sandwiches, sushi, snacks, candies and frozen entrees.
Location: Main Building, Floor 5, near Elevator D
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m-3 p.m.
Premium coffee blends, soups, grab-and-go sandwiches and salads.
Location: Pickens Tower, Floor 3, near Elevator N
Hours: Weekdays, 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Patients can receive an extensive menu of fresh, cooked-to-order foods in their hospital rooms, tailored to the diet their physician has prescribed. Meals are served within 45 minutes of being ordered. Caregivers and guests of MD Anderson inpatients may also order from the room service guest menu.
How to order room service:
- Choose from our available translated introductions to room service
- Choose from our extensive menu of fresh, cooked-to-order foods:
- Place your order anytime between 6:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. by calling 2-DINE from an MD Anderson phone line or 713-792-DINE from an external line.
- Your meal will be delivered to your room within 45 minutes.
- We request that payment of the guest's order be made upon delivery. We accept cash or credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa). We are unable to accept checks.
Vending machines for patients and family members are located throughout the Main Building and Mays Clinic:
- Main Building, Floor 1, near The Pavilion and Café Anderson
- Main Building, Floor 2, near Elevator B, R2.1854
- Main Building, Radiation Treatment Center, Waiting Room H, GB.5225
- Main Building, Floor 7, in Staff Elevator GB lobby
- Mays Clinic, Floor 4, Outpatient Surgery waiting area, ACB4.2110
- Mays Clinic, Floor 7, near Elevator U, ACB7.1900
- Mays Clinic, Floor 8, near Elevator T, ACB8.1201
- Duncan Building, adjacent to Cool Beans Café and Bakery