Scholarship Recipients Thank Donors
Scholarships provided by the institution are awarded annually to newly accepted degree candidates and current students of the school.
- be accepted as a degree candidate into one of the school's degree programs,
- be enrolled as a full-time student in the school,
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale,
- demonstrate excellence in both character and academic achievement, and
- submit a completed application by August 1 for the upcoming academic year.
Members of the Scholarship Selection Committee are academic and clinical faculty appointed by the Dean of the school and take the following into consideration:
- Academic achievement (cumulative GPA). The school reviews all university, college, and/or program transcripts already submitted with program admissions material.
- Leadership abilities (school and community).
- Professional goals and aspirations.
Applications are available late spring for the upcoming academic year .
School of Health Professions scholarship funds are donated by private individuals who may specify that a scholarship applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to be eligible for that particular scholarship. In this case, that particular scholarship would be restricted to individuals who meet this requirement (The University of Texas System Policy UTS138 pdf).
More than 70% of students attending the School of Health Professions receive some form of financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. While there is no application deadline for financial aid, it is recommended that students complete the required documents as soon as possible to be considered for institutional funds. Students should select the appropriate school code to avoid delays in the award process.
FAFSA code: 017249