Lymphoma & Myeloma Center
As one of the few comprehensive programs in the country focused entirely on this diverse group of cancers, the Lymphoma and Myeloma Center at MD Anderson handles nearly 28,000 patient visits each year. This means the center is among the nation’s most active and experienced programs.
Our teams of lymphoma and myeloma experts are recognized around the world. They give you undivided attention and the full benefit of their extensive skill. Working together to be sure you receive the very best care, they are backed by one of the most active research programs in the world. In fact, MD Anderson has developed many drugs and therapies that now are standard care for lymphoma and myeloma.
We offer the most advanced treatments (link) for every type of lymphoma and myeloma. These include:
- Hodgkin's lymphomas
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas
- Multiple myeloma
- Waldenström's macroglobulinemia
- B-cell and T-cell lymphomas
- Small cleaved-cell lymphoma
- Unusual or difficult cases
And at MD Anderson, you’re surrounded by the strength of one of the nation’s largest and most experienced comprehensive cancer centers. We have all the support and wellness services needed to treat the whole person – not just the disease.
If you have been diagnosed lymphoma or myeloma, or if the cancer has returned, we can help. Call 1-877-632-6789 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
Why MD Anderson?
- Advanced expertise in every type of lymphoma and myeloma
- Innovative lymphoma and myeloma treatments include small molecule and vaccine therapy, monoclonal antibodies and proton therapy
- Leading-edge diagnostic techniques
- One of the nation’s most active centers for lymphoma and myeloma treatment
- Nationally recognized research program, many clinical trials for new and relapsed disease
Our Diagnostic Approach
The Lymphoma and Myeloma Center’s specially trained pathologists focus on accurate diagnosis and staging of all types of lymphoma and myeloma, even rare and complex varieties. Their extensive, specialized experience means they have the highest level of skill in using the latest equipment and technologies.
MD Anderson is known for pioneering groundbreaking treatments in lymphoma and myeloma, and we work every day to find more options. Our researchers recently helped develop a lymphoma vaccine -- custom-made for each patient – that helps the body fight disease.
Our renowned team approach means top-notch medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pharmacists, nurses and a specially trained support team work and communicate closely to give you comprehensive – but focused – lymphoma and myeloma care.
The Lymphoma and Myeloma Center offers several novel treatment options, including:
- Targeted therapy with monoclonal antibodies and small molecules
- Vaccine therapy
- Radioimmunotherapy, which increases effectiveness of radiation treatment while protecting healthy cells
- Management of relapsed lymphoma
Our Clinical Trials
At MD Anderson’s Lymphoma and Myeloma Center, you benefit from one of the most active research programs in the United States. In fact, we house one of the few prestigious federally funded SPORE (Specialized Program of Research Excellence) programs.
This means we offer a wide range of clinical trials (research studies) for every type and stage of lymphoma and myeloma. If you’d like to know more about our clinical trials, visit our clinical trials database.