Functional Genomics Core
Director: Mien-Chie Hung, Ph.D.
Co-director: Dihua Yu, M.D., Ph.D.
Yutong Sun, Ph.D.
The Functional Genenomics Core offers cutting-edge tools tailored for high-throughput screens. To schedule equipment usage, please contact the core facility:
- Directly through ShRNAandORFeomeCoreFacility@mdanderson.org
- Co-director, Yutong Sun, Ph.D., at email@example.com
- Research Scientist, Chien-Chia Cheng, Ph.D. at CCheng@mdanderson.org
1. Automated workstation EVO100 (Tecan) is located in a laminar flow hood, which can facilitate high throughput tissue culture.
2. Automated workstation EVO200 (Tecan) is equipped with both span8 and MCA96 liquid handling arms, a vacuum and an orbital shaker, which allows automated liquid handling, plasmid purification and manipulation in a high throughput manner.
3. Synergy H4 plate reader (Biotek) is capable of performing absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence assays.
4. High content imaging systems, ImageXpression micro and ImageXpress ultra (Molecular Devices), are able to take images in multiple well plates automatically, which are powerful tools for image-based screens.