The MD Anderson Bionutrition Research Core (BRC) provides the infrastructure and expertise to design and integrate nutritional components in research studies. We encourage investigators to contact the BRC early in the study design process.
Dietary Assessment and Analysis
- Nutritional Epidemiology Team supports best practices for data collection and integration
- Self-completed, interviewer-assisted, web-based, and remote collection methods, including food diaries, dietary recalls, diet histories, and screeners
- Analysis of intake to derive nutrients and dietary patterns via specialized software and databases; linkage with systems in the inpatient setting
Nutrient-Controlled Studies with Food Provision
- Metabolic Kitchen Team, including research dietitians and chef, designs and implements research diets matched to energy (kcal) needs and other study-specific parameters
- Tailored recipes and weekly menus of meal and snack pack-outs for free-living individuals
- Screening and compliance monitoring
Nutrition Education and Counseling
- Develop and implement dietary regimens, menus, recipes, shopping lists, and educational materials to support behavior change
- Cooking demonstrations
Service Request Form
Please fill out a Service Request Form and return to email@example.com.
BRC staff will reach out if additional information is needed. Upon completion of a Service Request Form and before services can begin, a Service Agreement is drafted by the BRC for the study team to review and sign.