- Departments, Labs and Institutes
- Research Centers and Programs
- Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
Weight, body composition, physical activity, and diet affect many physiologic systems and can alter the cancer process at many points.
National Cancer Institute
The Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship was founded to help bridge the gaps in knowledge surrounding the relationships between physical activity, nutrition, obesity, and cancer.
The Center uses advancements in the energy balance research field to improve interventions which modify unhealthy behaviors in people at risk for cancer, patients and survivors, and to deliver innovative change at the clinical level.
By fostering a collaborative, trans-disciplinary environment, our research will advance the science related to:
- cancer prevention and survivorship–related interventions;
- the ways in which key energy balance concepts affect cancer biomarkers; and
- the biological and psychosocial mechanisms behind weight, eating behavior, and physical activity.
Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
For any additional inquiries please email, email@example.com.
Join Our Energy Balance Research Seminar
This monthly seminar aims to bring researchers from multiple disciplines together to examine different energy balance-related topics.
Join a Collaboritive Community in Energy Balance
The Center for Energy Balance in Cancer Prevention and Survivorship is a research center for professionals who are working in or are interested in energy balance topics such as diet, physical activity, and obesity and how these affect the cancer continuum. We use a trans-disciplinary approach that brings population scientists, basic scientists and clinical researchers together in a collaborative environment.
- Access to Center events, including symposiums and webinars
- Advocate your research and/or field of study by proposing work groups to be supported by the Center and have opportunities to present
- Discover the latest energy-balance related research from anywhere through the Center's website highlights
- Stay connected and expand your professional network through inclusion in the Center's online directory
- Stay up to date on the latest Center events and news by receiving the quarterly newsletter
- Save money with discount registration fees to Center-sponsored workshops
- Attend at least two Center events per year
- Update directory information at least once per year
- Acknowledge any financial or staff support received from the Center in publications
Energy Balance Core Resources
Use the links below to discover more
Microbiome Core Facility
Microbiome Study Consultation, Data Analysis of 16S Sequencing, Gut Microbial Profiling
Bionutrition Research Core
Metabolic Kitchen, Dietary Assessments and Analysis, Nutrient-controlled Human Feeding Studies, Nutrition Education
Mouse Metabolic Facility
Mice in Home-cage Design System Monitoring Metrics of Food, Water, Body-weight Fluctuations, O2, CO2