Eyes Have Not Seen, Ears Have Not Heard: Breakthroughs in Cancer Research
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
Time: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: InterContinental Hotel
6750 Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
About this Event
This conference brings together church leaders, congregants, health professionals and cancer experts from across the country to address cancer health disparities in African American communities.
Complimentary breakfast, lunch and parking will be provided. Attendees will also receive access to programs and resources that you can implement at your church. Please plan to arrive at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast and check-in. The program is from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
For questions or concerns, please call 832-242-3243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register at churchconference.eventbrite.com.
Who should attend the Church and Health Conference?
Pastors, church and health ministry leaders, health professionals, families, and representatives of community organizations, hospitals, and academic institutions with an interest in health disparities in African American communities and collaborating with faith based organizations.
- Breast Cancer Health Disparities: Abenaa M. Brewster, M.D., M.H.S.- MD Anderson
- Prostate Cancer Health Disparities: Curtis A. Pettaway MD- MD Anderson
- Cervical Cancer Health Disparities: Dineo Khabele MD, FACOG, FACS: Vice Chair for Research- University of Kansas Medical Center
- Lung Cancer Health Disparities: Ray Osarogiagbon, MBBS, FACP; University of Memphis School of Public Health and Baptist Centers for Cancer Care
- Colorectal Cancer Health Disparities: Yi-Qian Nancy You, MD, MHSc, FACS, Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Surgery-MD Anderson
- Myeloma Cancer Health Disparities: Christopher R. Flowers, MD, MS, FASCO-MD Anderson