"Work hard, play hard!"
Life in Houston
Living in a new city can sometimes be daunting. The Yun Lab put together a brief description of Life in Houston to give you an idea of what life is like outside of the lab.
- Houston is the 4th-largest city in the United States
- Houston is the most diverse large city in the United States
- Houston's cost of living is cheaper compared to similar metropolitan areas
- 145+ languages are spoken in Houston
- Houston is home to the NASA Johnson Space Center
- According to Business Insider, Houston is the Number 1 Job Creator with the best hospitals, oil industry, and businesses overall.
- Business Insider and Forbes have named Houston the best city in the U.S.
Art and museums
Houston's museum district is home to 19 museums displaying a variety of art.
- Antique artifacts
- Classical artworks
- Modern pieces
Houston is also home to top class performing arts:
- Houston symphony
- Houston Ballet
- Sarofim Hall
- Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts
- Texas Medical Center (TMC) is the largest medical center in the world
- TMC is the 8th largest business district in the USA
- TMC employees more than 106,000 people
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center again has been named No.1 in cancer care in the U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 annual "Best Hospitals" rankings
Houston is home to many professional sports teams including
- the Rockets (NBA)
- the Astros (MLB)
- the Texans (NFL)
- the Dynamo (MLS)
Houston was ranked 5th by the Washington Post for cities with the best food. Houston's food options are as diverse as the population, and authentic to each. With more than 10,000 restaurants from 70 countries or regions to choose from. If its your goal to eat around the globe then you'd be off to a pretty good start just by spending some time in Houston.