Sam Beddar, Ph.D.
Area of Research
- Radiation Therapy Research
- Proton Therapy Research
Accurate delivery of radiation therapy directly impacts the success of cancer treatment. Our research is focused on the rapidly-growing field of scintillation dosimetry, or in other words, the use of scintillation detectors to measure radiation dose. Our work ranges from basic research on scintillator properties to detector development and clinical applications aimed at verifying precise, accurate radiation delivery.
Our research incorporates five areas of investigation:
- 3D liquid scintillator detectors for proton therapy dosimetry.
- In vivo systems of dosimetry using plastic scintillators.
- Plastic scintillators applicable for brachytherapy.
- 4D MR imaging techniques for radiation therapy treatment planning.
- Prompt gamma imaging for proton therapy.
Our research team members are experts in these research areas and are striving to make cancer history.