The Leukemia Center at MD Anderson is one of the world’s most-recognized treatment centers for leukemia and blood disorders. Research by MD Anderson doctors has pioneered new standards of care for all types of leukemia. Our active research program allows us to offer more than 100 clinical trials of the newest targeted therapies, vaccines, immunotherapies and “mini” stem cell transplants, many only available at MD Anderson.
The Leukemia Center has internationally-known doctors who have dedicated their careers to advancing global knowledge about staging and treating rare myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes.
Successful leukemia treatment starts with an accurate diagnosis. Up to 15% of leukemia patients have been misdiagnosed before they come to MD Anderson. Pathologists in our hematopathology laboratory and bone marrow aspiration clinic are specially trained to recognize the many types of leukemia, which is critical in choosing the right treatment plan.
Because time is of the essence when treating acute leukemias, the Leukemia Center has a fast-track clinic to make your regular checkups more efficient. Results for most blood tests can be received within one or two hours.
Types of cancers we treat:
- Acute leukemia (ALL, AML)
- Chronic leukemia (CLL, CML)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative disorders (MPD)
- Rare blood disorders, including hairy cell leukemia and aplastic anemia
We're here to meet our patients where they are and journey with them.
MD Anderson Resources
The Leukemia Center business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Current Patients: 713-792-8760
- New Patients: 877-632-6789
- All Patients: 85-Leukemia
- CAR T-cell Therapy information: 713-745-3000, option 1; or 833-368-6382