Undiagnosed Breast Clinic
Finding a lump or getting an abnormal mammogram can be scary. At the Undiagnosed Breast Clinic, we have experts who focus only on detecting and accurately diagnosing breast cancer.
Our specialists perform a thorough exam, coordinate appropriate testing including a biopsy if one is needed and discuss available results the same day to reduce anxiety and relieve your stress.
We provide consultation or second opinion on the following breast health issues:
- Abnormal mammogram, ultrasound or other abnormal breast imaging tests (e.g., breast MRI)
- Breast lump
- Symptoms such as nipple discharge, breast swelling, redness or scaling of the nipple
- Other concerning breast symptoms
Prepare for a successful visit
You will be seen within a week of your phone call. Here is what you can expect at your appointment:
- Your specialist will do a thorough history, perform a clinical breast exams, and review any recent outside imaging. Your provider is looking for any suspicious lumps or changes in your breasts.
- You may get a more thorough mammogram, an ultrasound or a biopsy, if needed.
- You will meet with your specialist at the end of the day to review available test results and discuss next steps.
- At your first visit, we will pay for your parking so please use our valet entrance near Holcombe and MD Anderson Boulevard.
If you've never had a mammogram at MD Anderson, please make every effort to bring your images from the past five years from other facilities. This will help MD Anderson physicians confirm your internal breast anatomy, giving them a better point of reference if any abnormalities are present.
If you've had an abnormal mammogram, breast ultrasound or biopsy, providing the results to your MD Anderson clinician will help us give you an accurate diagnosis. You may have these reports faxed to the Cancer Prevention Center prior to your visit. Biopsy slides may be submitted for review at MD Anderson prior to your visit so that results can be available the day of your appointment. When you come in for your visit, please bring prior mammogram and ultrasound images for review and comparison.
Texas Medical Center
request an appointment online.