Purchasing policies at MD Anderson are based on, and governed by, the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System; Section 3, Subchapter C, Chapter 73, Education Code; Sections 103 and 104 of Article 601b, VTCS, and HUB Program Rules adopted by the General Services Commission on October 4, 1995 (No. 111.12-111.16, 111.22 and 111.23).
The Texas Legislature enacted Senate Bill 514, 71st Legislature, in May, 1989 that amended Article 601b, VTCS to allow The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to purchase supplies, material or equipment through a group purchasing organization if it is the most cost-effective method of purchasing available.
The Texas Legislature enacted Senate Bill 192, 74th Legislature, in March, 1995 that removed The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center from the purview of Article 601b, VTCS, except for the utilization of the Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) guidelines, and Subchapter B, Chapter 552, Health and Safety Codes.
- RFP Vendor Rider Affirmation Form (pdf)
- Rider 103 - Standard Terms and Conditions (pdf)
- Rider 104 - HUB Subcontracting Plan (pdf)
- Rider 105 - Vendor's Affirmation (pdf)
- Rider 106 - Premises Rules (pdf)
- Rider 107 - Travel Policy (pdf)
- Rider 108 - Data Compliance (pdf)
- Rider 111 - Business Associates Agreement (pdf)
- Rider 112 - Project Requirements (pdf)
- Rider 113 - Warranty / Service / Shipping Questionnaire (pdf)
- Rider 114 - Network Connections (pdf)
- Rider 114 - Supply Chain User Acknowledgement (pdf)
- Rider 115 - Tissue Requirement (pdf)
- Rider 116 - Invoice Payment Requirements (pdf)
- Rider 117 - Compliance with Institutional Policies (pdf)
- Rider 118 - Information Security (xlsx)
- Rider 1 - To the Agreement (pdf)
- Confidentiality Agreement (pdf)
- UTMDACC Institutional Policy # ADM1128 (Vendor Access and Conduct Policy) (pdf)
Supply Chain Management is responsible for the procurement of supplies, materials, equipment and services for MD Anderson. According to state statutes and institutional policy, only Supply Chain Management personnel are authorized to make commitments to purchase for the institution. MD Anderson, therefore, assumes no liability for payment of obligations except those incurred by Supply Chain Management. In addition, employees of MD Anderson Cancer Center are prohibited from receiving any gift or gratuity.