Recipe: Peanut Butter Grahams
Kids — and kids at heart — will love this updated take on s’mores. By swapping peanut butter for the traditional marshmallows, this sweet recipe gives kids a healthy serving of protein, which their bodies need to grow and stay healthy. And, the dark chocolate provides cancer-fighting antioxidants that help prevent damage to the body’s cells.
Best of all, you don’t have to light a fire to make these tasty treats.
- 2 graham cracker squares (2½ inches)
- 1/4 tsp. to 1/2 tsp. peanut butter (use ½ tsp if you prefer a thick layer of peanut butter)
- 1 dark chocolate square (2½ inches)
*You also can try almond butter or hazelnut butter instead of peanut butter.
- Spread peanut butter onto one graham cracker square.
- Place dark chocolate over peanut butter.
- Cover with another graham cracker square.
- Microwave for 10 seconds.
Yield: 1 serving
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3.7 grams
Protein: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 87 milligrams
Recipe courtesy of MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital