How You Can Help
If you are interested in volunteering for Sprint for Life, there are a variety of opportunities available to show your support either before Race Day or on the day of the event. Volunteer support is very important to the success of the event. We appreciate our volunteers. Sign-up by Friday, April 11, 2014 and support the ovarian cancer cause. A volunteer training and dinner is scheduled for Monday, April 28, 2014 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm on MD Anderson's campus. Details to follow.
Several weeks before the event, race packet stuffing and packet pickup event volunteers are needed.
Day before event, volunteers are needed to help setup booths in the Post Race Party area.
Race day volunteer opportunities may include:
Parking and Race Marshal volunteers
- Provide parking and race marshal support to assist with traffic control.
Water Station Volunteers
- Fill cups with water and hand out to runners and walkers along the race course and at the finish line.
Registration/T-Shirt Distribution Volunteers
- Assist with race day registration.
Start Line Sign Holders
- Hold up “Walkers Line up Here.”
Sprint for Life Boutique Volunteers
- Assist with setup of Boutique and selling of Sprint for Life items.
Survivor Tent Volunteers
- Distribute teal and white balloons to race participants who run or walk in honor or memory of a loved one.
Survivor Breakfast Volunteers
- Help host breakfast, meet and greet guests and pass out tulips to honor fellow survivors.
Help at the Kids Zone area by working booths.
To volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-792-2765 with your name, phone number and current e-mail address. We will contact you to discuss what areas of the event you would like to support.
Want to get regular updates about Sprint for Life and ovarian cancer research?