How You Can Help
If you are interested in volunteering for Sprint for Life, there are a variety of opportunities available to show your support either before Race Day or on the day of the event. Before the race, race packet stuffing and packet pickup event volunteers are needed.
Race Day Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Set Up Volunteers
- Unpack food and beverage items and arrange on tables for the post race party.
- Balloon Brigade Volunteers
- Blow up and distribute balloons around Post Race Party area.
- Parking volunteers
- Assist Race Marshals with traffic control.
- Water Station Volunteers
- Fill cups with water and hand out to runners and walkers along the race course.
- Mile Time Callers
- Stationed at each mile along the course to call out the time to participants.
- Registration/T-Shirt Distribution Volunteers
- Assist with race day registration and packet pickup.
- Start Line Sign Holders
- Hold up “Walkers Line up Here.”
- Sprint for Life Boutique Volunteers
- Assist with sale of Sprint for Life items.
- Survivor Tent Volunteers
- Distribute teal and white balloons to race participants who run or walk in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Survivor Breakfast Volunteers
- Help host breakfast, meet and greet guests and pass out tulips to honor fellow survivors.
- Post Race Party Food/Beverage Volunteers
- Hand out food and beverages at the post race party area.
- Kids’ Zone and Race Volunteers
- Help at the Kids area.
To volunteer, please email email@example.com or call 713-792-2765 with your name, phone number and current e-mail address. We will contact you to discuss what areas of the event you would like to support.
Want to get regular updates about Sprint for Life and ovarian cancer research?