Compliance Officer and Committees
Vice President Jessica L. Quinn, J.D., serves as MD Anderson’s Chief Compliance Officer. She reports to President Ronald A. DePinho, M.D., and Dan Fontaine, J.D., Executive Chief of Staff. Associate Vice President, Allyson H. Kinzel, J.D., serves as MD Anderson's Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and reports directly to the Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer.
Among other things, the Chief Compliance Officer guides activities related to the institution’s commitment to conduct all business with integrity and in compliance with the letter and spirit of all local, state and federal laws, rules and guidelines, including:
- Enforcing the Institutional Code of Conduct.
- Directing all compliance-related activities and investigations.
- Interacting with federal, state and local regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and governing boards on compliance initiatives.
The Executive Institutional Compliance Committee membership includes:
- Ronald A. DePinho, M.D., President.
- Ethan Dmitrovsky, M.D., Provost & Executive Vice President.
- Thomas A. Buchholz, M.D., Executive Vice President and Physician-In-Chief.
- Dan Fontaine, J.D., Executive Chief of Staff, President's Office.
- Leon J. Leach, M.B.A., M.A., Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer.
- Matthew A. Masek, J.D., L.L.M., Vice President and Chief Legal Officer.
- Jessica L. Quinn, J.D., Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer.
The Executive Institutional Compliance Committee meets on a quarterly basis to review institutional compliance-related matters, quarterly monitoring reports, hotline reports and educational materials as well as recent developments with respect to compliance news.
The following compliance committees and subcommittees report to the Executive Institutional Compliance Committee:
- Endowment Compliance Committee.
- Executive Billing Compliance Committee.
- Executive Research Compliance Committee.
- Financial Compliance Committee.
- Information Security Compliance Committee.
- Privacy Compliance Committee.
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance Subcommittee.
- Equipment Compliance Subcommittee.
- Supply Chain Management Compliance Subcommittee.
MD Anderson's Conflict of Interest Policy for Faculty Members, Trainees, Faculty Supervisors, Institutional Decision Makers, and Investigators of the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center # ACA0001 (pdf)
MD Anderson's Ethics Policy (UTMDACC Institutional Policy # ADM0337) (pdf)
If you have questions regarding MD Anderson's Institutional Compliance Program, call 713-745-6636 or e-mail Institutional Compliance.