Jae-Il Park, Ph.D.
Areas of Research
- Stem Cell Biology Research
- Colorectal Cancer Research
- Developmental Biology Research
The goal of our research program is to understand how tissue stem cells and self-renewing tumor cells contribute to tissue regeneration and tumorigenesis. Our comprehensive research approaches include genetically engineered mouse models, organoids, cell biology and molecular biology.
Our research projects include:
- The role of stem cells in tissue regeneration and cancer
- Modeling cancers with Genetically Engineered Mouse Models (GEMMs)
- Understanding Wnt signaling in development and cancer