A cancer diagnosis can bring a range of emotions, including anxiety, depression, grief and fatigue. These feelings can hit not only for the cancer patient, but their loved ones as well. But help is available. MD Anderson's Psychiatric Oncology Center provides personalized support services to cancer patients and their caregivers, all designed to help maximize your quality of life. We can help you deal with the emotional consequences of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Psychiatry services include:
- Symptom assessment and medical management
- Stress management
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- Sexual counseling
- Substance abuse assessment, referral and follow-up
- Therapy for families, couples, children and adolescents
- A support group for caregivers
Psychiatric services are available for MD Anderson outpatients and inpatients only. For a referral to the Psychiatric Oncology Center, patients can talk to their MD Anderson doctor.
Meet our team
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Location: Mays Clinic, Floor 2, near the Tree Sculpture