The High Risk Breast Screening and Genetics Clinic provides breast cancer screening, chemoprevention, and genetic risk evaluation for individuals at increased risk of breast cancer due to personal risk factors such as atypical ductal hyperplasia (ADH), atypical lobular hyperplasia (ALH), ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS), a family history of breast cancer, or the identification of a genetic mutation such as BRCA1 or BRCA2.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of specially trained genetic counselors and physicians work together to provide education, hereditary cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and testing, individualized cancer screening and prevention programs to people who are concerned about their personal and family history of breast cancer.
Patients with the following risk factors may be referred to the clinic:
- Breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Breast cancer diagnosed at any age, AND one or more of the following:
- Personal history of ovarian cancer
- Family history of ovarian cancer
- Family history of breast cancer diagnosed at or before 50 years of age
- Family history of male breast cancer
- Family history of pancreatic cancer
- Personal or family history of follicular thyroid cancer, endometrial cancer, and/or dermatologic manifestations of Cowden syndrome
- Personal or family history of sarcoma, adrenocortical cancer, brain tumors, leukemia/lymphoma
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- Men with a personal history of breast cancer
- Family history of a known mutation for a cancer predisposition syndrome
Patients with any of the following risk factors may also consider referral:
- Bilateral cancer (or two breast primaries) diagnosed at any age
- Breast cancer diagnosed at any age AND a family history of two or more relatives diagnosed with breast cancer at any age
For more information about family history and hereditary cancer, visit the Clinical Cancer Genetics site.
Location: Mays Clinic Building, 5th floor Get Directions
Hours: Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Appointments & Referrals
- Patients, complete the online self-referral form to request an appointment.
- Physicians, complete the online physician referral form.
- Banu Arun, M.D.
- Jennifer Litton, M.D.
- AshleyWoodson, MS, CGC
- Jessica Profato, MS, CGC
- Kimberly Muse, MS
- Michelle Jackson, MS, CGC