The 2024/2025 Administrative Fellowship at MD Anderson will take place July 2024 – December 2025. Applications will be accepted through September 11, 2023 at 11:59pm cst.
The following criteria must be met to qualify for the Administrative Fellowship Program:
- An MHA, MBA (with an emphasis in health are management), MPH, or equivalent degree from a CAHME, CEPH or AACSB accredited school by the start of the fellowship. Degree must be granted within 12 months of the start of the fellowship. (July’2024)
- Students whose graduate programs require an administrative residency after completing classroom curriculum are eligible to apply and if selected a Lettter of Understanding or Education Program Agreement will be executed.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Maintain U.S. legal residency throughout the fellowship. MD Anderson does not sponsor visas..
All application materials must be submitted to SLATE by 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2023.
Inquiry & Application Process
The online application will open June 2023 and close at 11:59 p.m. CDT on Sept. 11, 2023. You will need to submit the following in Slate. Complete each form completely.
1. Launch the Application via SLATE
2. Read the required three (3) sections before completing the inquiry form: 1) Please Read Before You Apply, 2) Additional Documents Required If Selected As A Final Candidate, and 3) Onboarding Contingencies That Require Early Action.
3. Complete the Inquiry Form and upload the required documentation:
- Personal Information (e.g., name, email, etc.)
- Current Enrollment (i.e., your current school and enrollment dates)
- Resume/CV (Upload)
- Official Transcript/Proof of Enrollment (Upload)
The following are not accepted as proof of enrollment or transcripts:
- Computer printouts
- Class schedules
- Fee/Payment Receipts
- Statement of Interest (i.e., Personal Statement). Character limit: 700 words. Include why you are interest in MD Anderson and short- and long-term goals.
- Select the SUBMIT button.
4. Create your Slate Account. After clicking the SUBMIT button, you will receive an email from MD Anderson Education & Training (firstname.lastname@example.org), subject line: "Complete your Trainee Position Inquiry Request". Follow the instructions and click the hyperlink in the email to create a Slate account and request your letters of recommendation.
5. Complete the Application:
- Read the Application Instructions
- In the Recommendations screen, enter the contact information for the three individuals who will write your letters of recommendation. The recommender will receive an email notification from email@example.com, subject line "Recommendation Request from YOUR NAME for MD Anderson Cancer Center" and a link to upload the letter of recommendation to your account. You will receive an email when the letter has been successfully uploaded. At least one academic and one professional reference is required.
- Complete the Additional Demographics and Future Plans form
- Complete the Internship or Graduation Requirement form
- Complete the Academic Awards and Honors form
- NOTE: There is no submit button in the application stage. To check the status of your application, log on to your Slate account and select 'Status' from the menu. Your application is complete when all sections are complete and three letters of recommendation have been uploaded to your account.
If any of the above documents are not submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. CT on September 11 your application will be considered incomplete and will not move on to the next phase.
Application Process Timeline
June 2023: Application open
Sept. 11: Application closes
September 18-21: Telephone interviews for selected applicants
October 3-4: On-site/virtual interviews
October 6: Offers extended
July 9: Class of 2024-2025 join MD Anderson (tentative date)