Download and print these reference sheets about the blood donation process (pdf).
General Donor Information - Find out if you are eligible to donate blood and/or platelets. Also view the Medication Deferral List.
Blood Donor Travel Guide - Check to see if recent travel may have affected your ability to donate blood.
White Blood Cells - Please click on the following links to view more information about donating white blood cells for your family member or friend:
Who Can Donate Blood?
Family members, friends and the community are encouraged to donate whole blood and platelets for MD Anderson Cancer Center patients. Thank you for wanting to donate with MD Anderson Blood Bank. Please read the requirements below to ensure you are eligible to donate.
General Donor Requirements
- All Donors: Please provide a personal photo ID (state issued Drivers License or ID, passport, military ID, work ID, school ID, green card or work visa)
- Age: At least 17 years of age and there is no upper age limit
- Weight: Minimum of 110 lbs.
- Be hydrated prior to donating
- Eat a sensible meal within 4 hours prior to donation
- Be in good general health at the time of donation