There are several symptoms of bladder cancer. These include:
- Blood in the urine, known as hematuria
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Pain in flank, the section of the back between the ribs and the hip bone
- Painful urination
- Frequent urination
- Urinary hesitancy, or difficulty beginning to urinate
- Having a more powerful urge to urinate
These symptoms do not always mean you have bladder cancer. However, it is important to discuss any symptoms with your doctor, since they may signal other health problems.
In rare cases, bladder cancer can be passed down from one generation to the next. Genetic counseling may be right for you. Visit our genetic testing page to learn more.
MD Anderson patients have access to clinical trials
offering promising new treatments that cannot be found anywhere else.