Members of the Executive Leadership team report directly to MD Anderson’s president.
Peter Pisters, M.D.
Strategy and External Affairs
Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development
Vice President & Chief Government Relations Officer
Ferran Prat, Ph.D., J.D.
Senior Vice President, Research Administration and Industry Relations
Senior Vice President, Institutional Affairs
Darrow Zeidenstein, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Chief Philanthropy Officer
Chief of Staff
Clinical, Science and Academic Enterprise
Guilio Draetta, M.D., Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
Carin Hagberg, M.D.
Senior Vice President, Chief Academic Officer
Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
Welela Tereffe, M.D.
Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Executive
People and Business Enterprise
David Jaffray, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Chief Technology and Digital Officer
Allyson Kinzel, J.D.
Senior Vice President, Legal and Regulatory Affairs
Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Senior Vice President, People, Culture & Infrastructure
President's Advisory Council
The President’s Advisory Council monitors and reviews high-level efforts impacting MD Anderson at large in order to advise the president. This includes all aspects of the institution’s Strategy and associated priorities.
The council is charged with providing a forum for discussions that will:
- Allow decisions to be informed by the perspective of stakeholders across the institution
- Engage critical stakeholders and facilitate open discussion/debate in efforts that impact the institution
- Encourage transparency and awareness of institutional efforts and the factors impacting decisions
- Provide a venue for collaboration and understanding across stakeholder groups
- Improve communication across the organization by involving stakeholders in discussions so information can be shared back to their constituencies
- Support communication and engagement efficiencies by having one clear forum for formal feedback