Faculty Leadership Search Committee Policy
- Revised in 2008
- Associate vice president of Women and Minority Faculty Inclusion reviews search committee membership prior to approval and serves on every search committee.
- Women and/or minority faculty must be members of every search committee.
- Final list of candidates sent to the president must include women and/or minorities; if not, search can be questioned.
- Consistent with "Opportunity Rule (formerly Rooney Rule)," created by The University of Texas System, to promote diversity in senior leadership positions.
Work-Life Balance at MD Anderson
Not requiring approval for new child in family:
- For birth, adoption or foster care placement < 5 years old
- Gender neutral
- Time of extension: One-year extension per child and up to maximum of two years in any seven-year tenure/tenure track period
- Process: Must send written notification to department chair, division head and SVP for Academic Affairs within six months of the event
- This extension does not preclude promotion or tenure award on the same timeline as faculty who have not extended – provided all required criteria are met
- Justification for request: Military duty, administrative reassignment, assumption of exceptional administrative duties, personal circumstances such as disability or illness, being a principal caregiver of a preschool child or disables, elderly or ill family member
- Time of extension: One year extension in seven-year tenure/tenure track period, without penalty
- Process: Request must be made at the time the extension is needed
MD Anderson Cancer Center offers high-quality back-up care for children and adult/elder relatives, getting you to work with the confidence of a provider you can trust and at a cost you can afford.
Employees can access up to 60 annual hours of family care when regular arrangements fall through. Get immediate access to care supports at subsidized rates: center-based care is $2 per hour per child; all in-home care is $4 per hour for up to three people. Register for free.
Faculty Moms (and Dads) of MD Anderson, a recently formed group, has a mission to provide a supportive and fun community for faculty moms and dads.